Autumn Style File Faves | Days 1-5 #stylefileFAVES #AutumnStyleFile
Autumn Style File | #colourmakesmehappy
I am wearing Little Party Dress Arlo Geo Print dress styled with an old Sussan animal print belt and FRANKiE4 sandals in red patent. I even had my hair and brows coloured!
My pop lip is Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint in Uncensored. (click here to buy from Sephora)
It’s definitely a statement lip! It is a universal red and it lasts all day, even through multiple coffees. But … don’t go out without it and a compact just to keep it nice. It doesn’t feather, but it does move a little; especially if you touch your face a lot like I apparently do. It takes a bit of effort but it is worth it.
Style File FAVES | #colourmakesmehappy
Look at all that colour! From stripes to block colour to painterly and print clash patterns …
clockwise from top left
- @icurvy looking fabulous in colours, stripes, embroidery and tassels.
- @daniarmstrong wearing a beautiful Philosophy Australia design (that I found for her at their annual clearance sale!)
- @my_shopping_dreams wearing Little Party Dress Mandy wrap dress in gorgeous stripes
- @fourlittleducksbydesign is wearing beautiful Country Road silk dress from the back of the closet, tags still on!
Autumn Style File | #embracethematchymatchy
I’m wearing Boom Shankar ikat print pants and jacket with a Seed peplum tank I forgot I had.
My shoes are Pied Australia ath-luxe sandals in French Navy (kindly gifted). As comfy as jandals but with support from the wide Italian elastic straps and moulded arch sole. Click here to shop and add KIMBALIKES20 at checkout for 20% off!
I’ve added Kathleen Benham tassel earrings, Sass & Bide sunnies from TK Maxx and my Great Grandfather’s sterling silver coin case as a pendant. It is spring loaded and holds a variety of antique coins. It is one of the most beautiful pieces I own.
Style File FAVES | #embracethematchymatchy
So much fabulousness!
clockwise from top left
- @ilovethatskirt matching in fabulous Australian label Maiocchi with her darling little
- @assembleclothing modelling her own divine linen set (run don’t walk, it’s on sale!)
- @glama_mama matching her accessories and making it pop with contrasting colours
- @curvycartel wearing a fabulous matching set from Zara with boots matching one of the print colours
- @theresiugoes nailing Mama Daughter adorableness in black tutus and ballet slippers
Autumn Style File | #KnotTieTuck
Introducing a new prompt to Autumn Style File, courtesy of the fabulous Rachael of Champagne S’il Vous Plaît
I popped a pre-tied Forever 21 hairbow in my hair, and tied a Be Me polkadot chambray sleeveless shirt at my waist.
I added Kenzie Collective x Girt Squad wombat earrings, Marc Jacobs Nomad bag from Shopbop (collab / gifted), Gorman sunnies and Pieds sandals.
Style File FAVES | #KnotTieTuck
Knots, ties and the fabulous knot-tuck!
clockwise from top left
- @yummomummo tassels, stripes and a simple white T shirt knotted over a dress. Love it!
- @michelle_peebs75 yes way, rosé! The classic white shirt tied over a maxi skirt.
- @icurvy started with a dress with a cutout, knotted her T shirt and tucked it into the cutout. Inspired by Rachael.
- @lisavain123 rocking an Atelier Bingo x Gorman Tie Dress classic. Love that these dresses can be worn obi style, tied in front or in back, knotted or tied in bow. I’m a big fan of this style too.
- @denim_daydreams popped a knot in the hem of a boho midi dress to mix it up. Fab!
Autumn Style File | #SundressSunday
I do love a sundress, almost as much as I love a Sunday! Sunday is the Welshman’s sleep in, so I get up with Boyo and make him breakfast. The Welshman gets a cup of tea in bed (I get one every other day of the week!). We go for a walk, do some shopping, and hang out. It’s super quiet, super relaxing and I couldn’t love it more!
My sundress is a gorgeous silk swing style in the beautiful Music Notes print from the Monika Forsberg x Gorman collaboration last year.
I’ve added a sweet little Alannah Hill hairpin, Sass & Bide sunnies, Tiffany & C0 pendant (a gift from the Welshman many years ago) and super fun neon Avarcas from Avarcas Australia.
Autumn Style File | #TeamStripes
I have been waiting for the perfect occasion to wear this gorgeous Flamin’ Galah rugby cotton swing dress by Jericho Road Clothing. Each of the sweet little galahs are embroidered in beautiful detail. Sorry, it has sold out but the JRC team may be able to direct you to one of their stockists.
I teamed it with fun striped bow kicks, Arch n Ollie pompom headband (perfect match for my hair, huh?) and a darling Erstwilder brooch, Gilberta Galah.
Autumn Style File | how to join in
- check the daily prompt, style your outfit, snap a picture, share and tag @stylefileinsta #AutumnStyleFile
- some of the daily prompts have their own hashtags and owners; please add those to your post
- the daily prompts are completely open to interpretation – think outside the square!
- check @stylefileinsta on Instagram the night before for the following day’s style prompt
- when our style challenge has completed, please keep tagging your autumn #OOTD posts to build a reference file for autumn style inspiration
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Wardrobe Wednesday rules
- post any recently published style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- don’t just post and run – that’s not cool
- say hello in the comments – I’d love to know more about you and your blog
- share the love by commenting, pinning or sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
Liked this post and want to read more?
click here to get new posts in your inbox
let’s have a chat on Facebook
check out my life in pictures on Instagram
get pinspired on Pinterest with me
this post contains some affiliate links