Biggest Morning Tea brought to you by JURA
In May and June every year, it is time for Cancer Council’s Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea!
Cancer Council helps thousands of Australians affected by cancer every single year. Biggest Morning Tea is a great opportunity for us to help Cancer Council do this vital work by fundraising.
People who wish to help can sign up to host a Biggest Morning Tea event.
To Do List for Biggest Morning Tea
- set a date
- create an online fundraising page
- make it your own by personalising, adding a theme
- get some help
- invite guests
- source some prizes
- talk to your boss
- get posting
- send a reminder
- add some sparkle with a competition or party games
- download the app
- bank your funds
how to fundraise
- ask local businesses to sponsor the event, or provide donations and giveaways for prizes
- promote your event in the local paper
- ask local businesses if you can pop a poster up in their window
- create a DIY photobooth with a camera and printer and charge a fee
- charge an entry fee
- pass around a donation box
- ask guests to bring a plus one
- set up a stall – a white elephant, craft or bake sale
- create a unique recipe book (or ebook) with a home printer to sell
- auction off donated services from friends and family (babysitting, manicure, house clean, gardening, dog walking …)
- ask your boss to match fundraising dollar for dollar at a work event (company donations are tax deductible)
- share your online fundraising page
- holding a baking competition and sell the cakes
- hold a Tea Masterclass where people can try teas from around the world
how to decorate
You can download and print Biggest Morning Tea bunting, signs, cupcake toppers and placecards to decorate your event.
JURA Coffee & Walnut Ripple Cake
- 250g softened butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 50g chopped walnuts
- 5 large eggs
- 150g plain flour
- 150g wholemeal plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 130ml freshly brewed JURA espresso
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50g fresh raspberries to serve
- Ripple – 75g walnuts, 1 heaped tsp cinnamon, 25g brown sugar
- preheat oven to 180ºC
- make the ripple by finely grinding the walnuts and mixing in sugar and cinnamon
- prepare 130ml JURA espresso and set aside to cool
- cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
- add eggs and coffee
- sift dry ingredients on top
- beat together until creamy
- fold in chopped walnuts
- pour half the batter into a greased and lined baking tin
- sprinkle the ripple mix on top
- pour the other half of the batter on top
- use a spoon handle to draw a swirly pattern through the batter
- bake for 35-40 minutes until cooked through
- remove from oven and leave to cool
- cut into 16 squares, top with fresh raspberries and serve with fresh JURA espresso
Kimba Likes Biggest Morning Tea
The lovely people at JURA, support partners for Biggest Morning Tea, sent me a gorgeous morning tea hamper.
I’d love all of the people who hang out with me at Kimba Likes to join me for morning tea – wouldn’t that be fabulous fun!
Unfortunately, it’s a bit tricky when we are all over Australia, and further afield too.
I’ve come up with a fun way to invite you all to my Biggest Morning Tea. We’re going online!
Simply share a snap of your morning tea on Instagram or Facebook, tag @kimbalikes @cancercouncil #kimbalikesBMT #BiggestMorningTea and make a donation to Biggest Morning Tea, if you can.
I’ve set up an online fundraising page and you can donate here – kimbalik.es/biggestmorningt
See you on Instagram!