I’m so very excited to share the news that after a hiatus, Style it Project is back!
The ravishing Rachel from Redcliffe Style has stepped down from co-hosting duties, as she is super duper busy with her full time role. Click on over to check out her fabulous work wear style. Classic with a signature Rachel tzjush.
Style it Project | all the details
If you haven’t played along before – or perhaps you’re old like me and can’t remember – here’s a quick refresher!
- Summed up, Style it Project is Buy it, Style it, Wear it, Snap it, Tag it, Share it.
- You can buy the hero piece I choose for each month’s Style it Project
- Feel free to join Style it Project with an existing wardrobe piece, or a similar item
- Style it Project is as accessible as possible, so I will always try to choose a piece that isn’t budget busting and is available in a range of sizes.
- Style it however you wish – the project is all about enjoying and celebrating the way different women style a similar piece and put their own twist on it.
- Take a photo, tag #styleitproject @kimbalikes and share on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Google+ – whatever floats your boat
- If you’re a blogger and would like to blog your Style it Project adventures, there will be a month long style linky when the project kicks off in June.
Style it Project June 2015 | Chambray Shirt Dress
Kicking off in June 2015, the Style it Project piece is a chambray shirt dress. I’ve selected the Mix Apparel Belted Chambray Dress as my hero piece. It’s available online or in selected Mix Apparel stores for $29. If you’ve never shopped from Mix Apparel before, you can get a 10% discount online when signing up.
Available in sizes 6 to 18, this long sleeved soft chambray shirt dress has a self fabric tie belt. The hi lo hem is flattering and the dress also has side splits for comfort.
For stylers in warmer states, this chambray shirt dress will be perfect for your warmer winters. If your winters leave you feeling more like an ice cube, then you will love this dress as a layer player!
Style it up with boots, tights, scarves, vests, coats, jackets, long line knits … to mention a few. I’ll be sharing some styling tips on how to rock a chambray shirt dress soon.
Shop My Style | Chambray Shirt Dress
- Seed Heritage Girls Chambray Dress $59.95 | for your mini me stylista! | click to shop
- Oasis Denim Shirt Dress $89 | a western-styled shirt dress with pearl snaps and worn in fabric | click to shop
- ASOS Curve Chuck On Shirt Dress $75 | for those babes with bodacious curves | click to shop
- Witchery Dark Denim Shirt Dress $149.95 | welcome to the dark side | click to shop
- Vera Moda Tall Shirt Dress $88 | the long legged are catered for too | click to shop
- Mix Apparel Belted Chambray Dress $29 | my hero piece | click to shop
I’d love to see you join me for Style it Project in June, and to check out how you rock your chambray shirt dress. Keep an eye out for my styling tips posts soon.
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. Plus I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
[inlinkz_linkup id=527404 mode=1]
Want more Kimba Likes?
this post contains some affiliate links – won’t cost you a penny more but I earn a small commission to keep me in decaf coffee beans