I visited Finders Keepers Markets in Sydney recently. Oh, such a delightful experience. Wall to wall creative gorgeousness, woodland animals, whimsical fancies and retro cute vintage glamour designs. Food trucks, Frankie magazine, embellishment, cushions, mixed prints, fairy floss, socks with sandals and more beards than a touring rugby team. The full immersive hipster experience. And I loved it!
This week’s Currently Crushing On is a lust list of lovely things inspired by my favourite designers’ stalls at Finders Keepers.
1. Illustrated Porcelain Heart Brooch by The Storybook Rabbit $20
Juno the bunny and Wilfred the French bulldog are the inspiration behind many of the beautifully handmade pieces from The Storybook Rabbit. Whimsical with a side serving of cute, I just adore these little porcelain heart badges with character decals. Kelly is The Storybook Rabbit personified, bless her little wooden clogs.
2. Mustard Seed Pretty Petal felt flower crown by Pleasure, Little Treasure $104
Anne from Pleasure, Little Treasure is as gorgeous in person as her retro cute designs. I fell particularly in love with this absolutely gorgeous handmade felt flower crown from the Pretty Petal collection, in gorgeous Mustard Seed. It would go gorgeously with my vintage inspired curls, and would be just the thing for Autumn racewear. Of course, I’d wear it to do the school run and groceries. As you do
3. I’m so glad we’re friends Open Edition A4 Art Print by Kirbee Lawler $25
I just adore Kirbee’s illustrations. Her little bunny Beatrix stars in many of her art works. This piece reminds me of my bunny boys, Bolt and Mr Bunsy. The vet warned us when we adopted Mr Bunsy late last year that two four year old male bunnies were unlikely to bond. Now, they’re the best of friends who even bach it together in a shared hutch. This would be just gorgeous framed in a vintage-style shabby chic frame on my work space.
4. Laced with Desire Drop Earrings by Pleasure, Little Treasure $28
I just couldn’t resist these gorgeous laser cut acrylic drop earrings, etched with an oh so pretty old world lace design. My gorgeous new blog design features vintage doilies so it must be fate – these earrings are now proudly mine!
5. Scarflette by Body Parts $26 to $45
I’m afraid I’ve committed a mortal fashion sin – buying a similar piece that my girlfriend owns. Hers was a gift, and mine was a gift also. A gift to me, love from me! Luckily, we have completely different colours and wear different styles. These gorgeous Scarflettes by Body Parts are made from handcut circles of felted wool made from recycled jumpers and jerseys. They’re surprisingly warm, non-itchy and add a gorgeous amount of warmth and colour to your outfit, without the bulk of a heavy scarf.
6. Movie Quote Necklace in Wood Casablanca by Days of August $25
I bought the most divine piece from Days of August – an old school wide patterned tie repurposed as an accessory, called the Windsor. It has been folded and stitched to create a piece that can be worn as a necklace, a jabot, and a headpiece. I came up with two or three additional ways to style it as I was playing around at the stall. Each piece comes with a brooch to secure it – my piece had a Canadian quarter refashioned as a brooch.
Keep an eye out as I plan to do a feature on this gorgeous piece, showcasing some of the ways it can be worn, in the future.
The piece I’m currently crushing on is their range of Movie Quote wooden necklaces, giving a starring role to some of film’s most classic lines. You simply cannot go past Humphrey Bogart and his evocative line.
Did you manage to get along to Finders Keepers? I absolutely loved it, and now have a huge wishlist of gorgeous things. It was an added delight to meet the people behind the Instagram accounts – another layer of gorgeousness. I do hope they know I’m a fangirl not a stalker!
Anything take your fancy this week? Do tell!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Lurex cable knit – purchased from Brown Sugar
- L’Oreal Shine Caresse lipstick in Eve – competition prize from Baubles Bubbles & Bags
- Windsor worn as headpiece – purchased from Days of August at Finders Keepers
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Outfit images by Kim-Marie Williams
- Currently Crushing On images from designers’ websites
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I was not compensated or remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.