I am not known for my ability to pack lightly. I am very good at advising others how to do so, but last minute panic always sets in and I start throwing in things that I might need. Like extra hats. One is probably a good idea. Three? Not so much.
I’m sharing my packing list for LA. I’ve tried really hard to pack a mix and match wardrobe for a hot climate, including pieces that I can dress up for family dinners out, but also wear casually for a day’s sightseeing.
We had planned to spend a couple of days in Palm Springs, to recuperate from Disneyland, but it is likely to be above 40 every day. We might head off to the San Bernadino mountains instead, and hang out at Big Bear Lake in the National Forest. Gets down to about 10 degrees at night, so we will need at least one warmer outfit too! We’re also spending some time in San Diego.
I’ve also had to think practically and pack for Disneyland. Comfortable and supportive shoes, shorts and tees. Disneyland is not the place for strapless bras, delicate dresses and heeled sandals. Unless you’re Cinderella.
- Katies printed relaxed pants
- Country Road tee
- Katies long line cardigan
- Forever New long scarf
- Socks for the plane
- Ziera T bar flats – easy to get on and off when my feet swell
- Peter Alexander Zombie PJs pants to change into on the plane
- Comfiest bra – 14 hours is a long time
Click here for my travel in style guide
- Country Road cotton maxi
- Sportsgirl silk maxi
- Verily open shoulder printed dress
- Sarah Kate 50s style rose print cotton dress
- Country Road silk tie shoulder scarf print shift dress
- Vintage silk kimono
- Metalicus cardigan
- Country Road studded chiffon kimono jacket – great for glamming up tee and shorts, or wearing out for dinner
- Brown Sugar striped knit – depending on the weather, we might head to the mountains for a few days instead of Palm Springs
- Three silk tanks from Country Road and Cue
- Two tee shirts from Country Road and Sussan
- Silk harem pants
- Katies printed pants
- Katies Oriental print shorts
- San Cerre high waisted swing shorts
- Zimmerman striped cotton cuffed shorts
- Zimmerman silk floral skirt
- Country Road striped tube skirt
- Seafolly pareo
- Seafolly bikini top
- Gorman bikini pants
- Seafolly swimsuit
- Verily lace maxi dress to wear over
- Sterling & Hyde Coco Jelly bag for Disneyland – doesn’t matter if it gets wet!
- Witchery cross body multi compartment medium bag for day trips plus can be taken out for dinner
- Sterling & Hyde Peta bag – on board bag
- See by Chloe canvas tote bag for poolside
- Silk headscarf
- Hair clip or three from Mimco
- Headbands from Mimco and Alannah Hill
- Katies butterfly scarf – sun protection shawl
- Gorman reversible sunhat
- Standard daily jewellery – I’m planning on wearing my every day classic pieces and shopping for statement fun accessories!
- Classic brown leather brass buckle belt – perfect for shorts and for adding some tough pretty to a summer maxi
- Rose gold leather wrap belt from Seed Heritage – adjustable so it can be worn with shorts, high waisted flippy skirt or on the hips for a shift dress
- Mox flats (I don’t like jandals / thongs / flip flops but I love my Mox!)
- Rockport Trainers
- Ziera flat sandals
- Socks and foot slips
- T shirt bras
- Strapless bra
Laundry / Beauty
- Skincare, makeup, etc – I will be packing deluxe sample sizes and nearly-empties because hello, Sephora! I tend to pack a few small bags rather than one huge one.
- Laundry kit – double ended hook pegs, cake of Sard Wonder Soap, plastic over the door hangers, travel line – click here for my holiday laundry guide
The best part about packing really lightly (don’t be so rude – this IS travelling lightly!) is that there is lots of room for the extra bag I’ve packed to carry home all my purchases!
Currently Crushing On
Left to right, top to bottom:
- Peter Alexander I Heart Zombie sleep legging | $49.95 | click here to purchase
- Katies Oriental Shorts | $39.99 | click here to purchase
- Witchery Melanie bag | sold out online | check outlet stores – down to about $40
- San Cerre Lucy shorts | $19.99 on sale | click here to purchase
- Mox Flats | $39.99 on sale | click here to purchase
- Verily Missy dress | $120 | click here to purchase
- Katies Longline Cardigan | $19.95 | click here to purchase
- Katies Printed Tapered Paisley Pants | $49.99 | click here to purchase
What made it on to my Currently Crushing On list this week? Some of the gorgeous pieces I’m packing for my holiday, of course!
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Images sourced from Verily, Peter Alexander, Katies, Witchery, San Cerre, Mox
- Suitcase Image
- Images edited by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.