I absolutely love my short curly bob, but I have to confess that I was missing having a ponytail.
During a very hot summer, it’s nice to be able to lift your hair off the back of your neck. Doing exercise is much easier with a ponytail fo sho!
Two haircuts ago, I asked my hairdresser (the faaaaaabulous Jyle Spice at Stevie English in case you’re in the market for a new stylist) to help me grow out my hair just a little bit. The underneath layer of my hair was shorter than the top layer. After one haircut, it was almost nearly long enough. The next haircut and I’ll be set!
To help with lifting the shorter underneath layer as it was growing out, I’ve used a variety of head wraps, scarves and hairbands, along with a quick hairspray spritz.
Claw clips and pretty bobble hair ties are a great option for shorter hair. Combined with a hairband or scarf, they’re the perfect option for teensy weensy ponytails like mine! Click here for my tips on how to tie a scarf into a hairbow
Currently Crushing On | Ponytail Accessories
- Colette by Colette Hayman printed bandanna $5.95 | click to shop
- Colette by Colette Hayman 3 pack mixed headbands $9.95 | click to shop
- Mimco Logo Concorde $34.95 | click to shop
- Mimco Logo Pony Cuff in Seafoam $34.95 | click to shop
- Colette by Colette Hayman printed claw clip $4.95 | click to sh0p
- Mimco Processor Pearl Pony Holder $29.95 | click to shop
- Mimco Disc Pony Set $29.95 | click to shop
- Mimco Jagger Pony Holder $34.95 | click to shop
Do you love any opportunity to accessorise like me? Even a simple ponytail?