I absolutely and utterly love winter. I love the luxe layers and snuggly textures. I love winter so much that I created the Winter Luxe Style Challenge
But I’m so looking forward to the onset of spring. Not just because I’ve been sick with some sort of cold, flu, sinus crap since May. I’m looking forward to jacaranda season, and spring style. Like pretty frocks, printed pants and spring denim. Oh, and my Spring Fling Style Challenge!
Currently Crushing On Spring Denim
La la loving the wardrobe classic that is denim and chambray. It’s perfect for every season. Rug it up in winter, layer it for autumn, cut it off for summer. For spring denim, I love boyfriend styles, relaxed chambray and worn in denim.
Check out the spring denim styles that I’m currently crushing on!
- Katies Cotton Denim Jacket $69.95 | perfect for double denim action or throw one over a pretty dress for the tough pretty look | click to shop
- Bohemian Traders Chambray Button Down Dress $149 | dress it up or dress it down. Layer it over pants or wear it open as a jacket. | click to shop
- Just Jeans Chambray Shirt $59.95 | a wardrobe essential with press studs and soft touch chambray | click to shop
- Bohemian Traders Summer Drop Crotch Pants $129 | one of my favourite Bohemian Traders styles now comes in tencel, super soft and spring denim perfection | click to shop
- Bohemian Traders Chambray Shorts $109 | oh so cute and soon to be seen on yours truly. Love the boho chic vibe | click to shop
- City Chic Midi Zip Through Skirt $59.95 reduced from $89.95 | a sexy pencil skirt take on the classic denim skirt for inbetweenies and plus size girls | click to shop
- Levi’s 501 Customised and Tapered from Just Jeans $149.95 less 25% off for a limited time | my teenage classic updated with a tapered leg and customised distressed boyfriend style | click to shop
- Katies Slim Cotton Ultimate Jean $49.95 in Mid, Light and White | I’ve been trialling these babies, and I’m pretty happy with them | click to shop
Katies Slim Cotton Ultimate Jeans
I’m definitely a fan girl of Katies pull on denim range, known as Ultimate Jeans. The latest incarnation is in a cotton rich fabric, giving them a more luxe appearance than the previous styles.
Katies kindly sent me a pair of Slim Cotton Ultimates in Mid Blue to trial and review recently. I put them through their paces, styled them up a storm, and it’s safe to say that I’m rather fond of them.
I am wearing a 14 and in this case, a 12 would have been a better fit on me. They were too loose through the waist, but I like the fit through the legs. Wearing them a size too big gives them a slim boyfriend edge – and that works for me.
The new fabric formulation is cotton rich with a hint of stretch. They retain the beloved pull on style and wide waistband for a streamlined smoothing wear.
The faux fly and mock pockets make wearing tops that only cover the waistband a more appealing option. The Katies Cotton Ultimates have a more appealing appearance than the previous styles. The look and feel of the improved style is more luxe and more denim-like in both appearance and wear. It’s a more comfortable fabric on the skin.
I found that whilst there is a little give, like with most denim, the Cotton Ultimates didn’t “give” as much as the original Ultimates.
I love to cuff my jeans, and the new fabric, in the Mid Blue I received, looks much better when cuffed.
I reach for my Katies Slim Cotton Ultimate jeans when I want a pair of jeans that I can pull on, cuff and go!
Have you tried a pair of Katies Ultimate jeans?