Frocktober Day 10 and it is even hotter than yesterday’s extremely hot day! Mr Bunsy is not very fond of me today. On very hot days, I worry terribly about my little fluffy BFF. I was unable to coax him back into his hutch to cool down with an ice pack or two, so I gave him a nice little shower with the mist settting on the garden hose. It cools him down and has the added benefit of making him drink water as he cleans himself. Mr Bunsy got the last laugh though. I’ve just found him lying in the full sun to get dry! He’s moved his little fluffy butt under the shade of my laundry now, bless him. If you’re a Laundry Queen like me, how awesome was today!
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
I’m so dedicated to the cause of Frocktober, I’m even wearing nighties. Yes I am, My Gorgeous Girl J and her Delightful Daughter G, with whom we had a lovely hot chocolate date during the school holidays, posed the question and they’re right! Nighties every night! Here’s my very pretty Peter Alexander silk-cotton bow nightie.
My Verily frock du jour is the lovely silk cotton Blue Paisley Kaftan. The gorgeousness of the fabric and the uber flattering design is clear to see, but the fabulous feeling of the silk cotton fabric on an extremely hot day cannot be underestimated.
I am usually a slave to the Define Your Waist rule of dressing so I was a little out of my comfort zone. Odd choice of words as it is extremely comfortable wearing a very chic and gorgeous kaftan. However, the cut of the sleeves finishing at elbow length does add some slight waist emphasis and it is TOO HOT for me to care today.
I’ve teamed the Paisley Kaftan with a gorgeous Emerald pair of Mox flats and, I must confess, a pair of plain black Nanna knickers as there is quite a breeze! I’m wearing my classic sterling silver arm party, my Tiffany & Co 1837 silk cord pendant, my Mimco yellow diamante watch and a Ban-do Hair Twist which I purchased recently in Anthropologie when in the USA. If you can get your hands on one of these babies, you will not regret it! I have seen similar versions in stores like Sportsgirl and Colette Hayman et al. A fabric tube containing aluminium wire, it is even easier and more comfortable than a headband as there are no sticky in bits. Do you know what I mean? Headband Headache? The worst! You can’t remove it either or you get Headband Hair!
Shop My Style
- Blue Paisley Dress by Verily | $120 reduced to $99 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Pink Paisley Kaftan by Verily | $85| click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Emerald flats by Mox | $49.99 reduced to $39.99 | click here to purchase
- Pink bow headband by Colette by Colette Hayman | $7.95 | click here to purchase
- Colorful Drop Earrings by Banana Republic | US$35 reduced to US$29 | click here to purchase | international purchase available at $45 but you can purchase from GAP, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Piperlime and Athleta and ship together
- Harlequin Timepeace from Mimco | $179 reduced to $89 | click here to purchase
Affiliate payments I receive from purchases made from Frocktober Shop My Style links will be donated to Frocktober to benefit the OCRF. Have you ever needed a better excuse to shop?
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Blue Paisley Maxi – purchased on discount from Verily
- Emerald flats – gifted from Mox
- Yellow diamante watch – purchased from Mimco f0r my Big Four Oh My Gods
- Navy earrings – purchased from Banana Republic USA
- Broderie Anglaise Ban-d0 – purchased from Anthropologie USA
- Sterling Silver arm party and necklace – gifts from the Welshman
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Rona, Gill, Rachel, Kimba, Belinda and Deauvanne
- Shop My Style images from Verily, Mox, Mimco, Banana Republic, Colette by Colette Hayman, Mox
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.