Frocktober Day 15 heralds the start of Hairbow Week. I’m planning to wear a coordinating hairbow with every frock for the next week. I liked the idea of having a week of not planning which frock in advance, but merely picking one that appealed to me on that day. Plus … hairbows!
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
The lovely dress I’m wearing today was very kindly donated by Fashionista Depot. I am one of their biggest fans. The warehouse sale that comes to you with up to 80% off RRP? Yes please!
I had great fun scrolling through Fashionista Depot’s online store, checking out all the frocks. Everything from Firefly cotton kaftans to Studibaker ballgowns. The Welshman assisted with this process. I selected the Barkins Belted Ponte Dress in Dark Navy because it evoked simple chic elegance, yet would be easy and comfortable to wear. Plus, I just loved that the belt was black – navy and black is one of my favourite colour combinations. We love smashing the fashion rules around here!
The Welshman gave it a thumbs up because he thought it would be flattering and also because I didn’t really have a dress like this in my wardrobe.
My initial reaction was bang on – this dress is extremely flattering and comfortable. It has lovely little details like gathers on the top of the bodice, the contrasting belt and the little cap sleeves, not to mention the fact that it has pockets.
I’m keeping it tonal today with a pair of midnight footless opaque tights – I think of midnight as the descriptive term to describe a colour that isn’t quite blue yet not purple either. It’s really quite a lovely day, but the dress is a little bit short and I’m a little bit old. I’m continuing the theme with Mox flats in Blueberry and a lavender Alannah Hill embellished satin hairbow headband. It is Hairbow Week, after all! Adding a touch of whimsy is my pretty little Dogeared bunny necklace that the Blokefolk gave me for my recent birthday. Some Bunny does love me.
Shop My Style
- Belted Ponte Dress in Dark Navy by Barkins from Fashionista Depot | $59.95 RRP but only $15 | click here to purchase
- Blueberry Flats by Mox | $49.99 reduced to $39.99 | click here to purchase
- Leader of the Pack Headband by Alannah Hill | $59 | click here to purchase
- Some Bunny Loves You necklace by Dogeared from The Iconic | $69.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Affiliate payments I receive from purchases made from Frocktober Shop My Style links will be donated to Frocktober to benefit the OCRF. Have you ever needed a better excuse to shop?
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Dress – gifted from Fashionista Depot
- Flats – purchased from Mox
- Dogeared necklace – Birthday present from the Welshman and Boyo
- Hairbow – purchased from Alannah Hill
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba Rachel and Lisa
- Shop My Style images from Fashionista Depot, The Iconic, Mox and Alannah Hill
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.