What a lovely weekend for Frocktober Days 19 and 20! It felt like a little holiday. The Welshman’s Big Bro, in Australia for a work conference, wangled a couple of extra days to hang out with us in Sydney. He has never been to Australia before (despite travelling pretty much everywhere else in the world). We took the opportunity to show him our favourite parts of Sydney, how we live and what we do.
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
Saturday found the Blokefolk up and at ’em with a walk to the local organic markets. They came back laden with supplies such as organic saltbush lamb, organic vegetables and the loveliest bunch of irises. Boyo might have also taken the opportunity to devour a gourmet bacon and egg roll – so I’m told. I was taking full advantage of a lazy morning and hanging out in bed with a nice cup of tea. As you do.
Big Bro’s arrival coincided serendipitously with a craft beer festival at The Rocks. How convenient! Boyo and I hit the shops to stock up on Skylanders Swap Force figurines, after Target came through with our Skylanders Swap Force pre-order waitlist – woo hoo! I won a Westfield shopping voucher from the recent Kids Business Bloggers Brunch for completing their survey, lucky lucky me! I’m now the proud owner of a next gen Kindle Paperwhite. Boyo’s mad skillz on the claw machine struck again. Good gods, we’ve created a monster!
The saltbush lamb made a guest star appearance on Saturday evening, along with some prawn stars. Also featuring rather a lot of wine, tequila, port, Adriano Zumbo Salted Caramel ice cream and nostalgic YouTube music video watching, for some reason!
I wore this lovely Katies Dip Dye Dress (affiliate link), now on sale for only $14.95, with my Target City Dressing Messina Wedge Sandals, and accessorised with my beloved Orange Juice at Tiffany’s necklace by Ashloc Designs. I do love some coordinated colour!
Frocktober Day 20 dawned bright and cheery, so a fun bird printed frock by Sadie from Meshh Byron Bay (fabulous online boutique too, just in case you’re not lucky enough to live within striking distance of Byron!) was the perfect dress for a trip to the zoo. I teamed it with Ziera camel sandals and Leaf & Feather fabulousness in the form of a gorgeous long beaded necklace. My amazeballs new Bonds for Big Boobs bra (not the official name) in hot pink leopard print from Target made a guest star appearance. It was simply too hot to layer a slip underneath the dress. I later discovered that the straps are detachable at the back, allowing them to be crossed over. Oops.
You simply cannot beat a gorgeous vintage silk scarf, particularly when you thrift it from a gorgeous recycled designer boutique for $6. When we visited Auckland last year, I had a few hours to myself and I hit Ponsonby and the gorgeous designer shops and recycled boutiques. It makes a fabulous hairbow, don’t you think?
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Dip dye dress – purchased from Katies
- Messina sandals – gifted from Target
- Bow headband – purchased from Alannah Hill
- Orange Juice at Tiffany’s necklace – gifted by Ashloc Designs
- Sadie dress – purchased from Meshh
- Bonds bra – purchased from Target
- Camel sandals – purchased from Ziera
- Bead necklace – purchased from Leaf & Feather
- Silk scarf – thrifted from Ponsonby, Auckland
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba, Lisa, Belinda, Norlin
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.