Frocktober Day 24 and my poor old sore back left me in a whimpering mess on the floor. A little Valium, a couple of painkillers, a chiro appointment and some prawn dumplings helped. A lot.
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
Retro Cute Week is so much fun! I’ve been saving one of my favourite frocks just for this week. Isn’t she just lovely? Retro Cute is a Kimba term meaning vintage or vintage inspired. This is a genuine handstitched 1950s day dress in a gorgeous colour combination and sweet print, with a pleated skirt, elasticated waist and blouson sleeveless bodice.
Teamed with thrifted Camper sandals for walking comfort – not quite comfortable enough because I think the 5 minute school run was what did my poor old back in again. A vintage Anne Klein for Oroton tan leather belt with gold buckle defined my waist.
No need for a necklace with the high neckline of my dress, so I’ve kept my jewellery simple with my usual suspects sterling silver arm party, and my Mimco Sportive Timepeace in Sapphire – thanks to The Mother for my birthday gift!
Only one more day until my hair appointment and I won’t need to disguise my skunk stripe with oversized hair accessories, like this gorgeous Age of Intimacy Indie Rose navy velvet hairbow, which I’ve clipped to a Mimco snake print headband. Don’t think it is going to stop me wearing my beloved hair accessories though!
Shop My Style
- ASOS Midi Dress In Vintage Floral Print With Pleated Skirt from ASOS | $73.94 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Indie Rose navy velvet bow by Age of Intimacy from Young Republic | $10 | click here to purchase
- Leather Multi Metal Catch Skinny Belt by Atmos&Here from The Iconic | $29.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Topaz Black by Therapy Shoes from Style Tread | $59.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Affiliate commissions from Shop My Style during Frocktober will be donated to the OCRF. Perfect excuse to go shopping!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Vintage 50s dress – purchased from Bella Vintage on Norton
- Blue Velvet hairbow – purchased from Age of Intimacy at Little Treasures Market
- Snake print headband – purchased from Mimco
- Mimco Sportive Timepeace – birthday gift from The Mother
- Campers sandals – thrifted from a garage sale for $2!
- Anne Klein for Oroton leather belt – thrifted from a vintage boutique
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba, Belinda, Norlin, Nora, Rachel, Lisa
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.