Frocktober Day 29 features a Staxs dress, a New Zealand label established in the late 80s. I picked up this dress when on holiday in New Zealand last year from a vintage dress re-designer at a lovely beachside fete. Boyo and the Welshman set off on a Boy Adventure, involving a rock climbing wall and coconut shy, whilst my bro and I wandered together. We don’t get to see each other often, but he just gets me. He’s a pretty cool dude and I probably don’t tell him enough how much I love him.
I bought this dress and he bought me a beautiful mustard reworked 80s dress – which I can’t currently locate – but don’t tell him!
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes. Affiliate commisions from Frocktober posts will be donated to the OCRF. Ever needed a better reason to shop?
In the interests of Keeping It Real (we’re quite fond of that around here), I’m sharing some extremely attractive photos. It might come as a bit of a surprise, but I’m not actually a professional model. I know right? Boyo has done a fabulous job as my photographer, bless his little cotton socks, but let’s just say there is quite a lot of editing going on.
This 90s dress was surprisingly effective on a very windy day, as the straight lining kept me nice when the full skirt was blowing up over my head at the school run. Classy! I’m quite fond of a blouson style frock with a full skirt and elasticated waist. They’re comfortable to wear, there are no issues with bra straps or VPL, and they’re top quality waist fakers.
I’ve added a 70s tan leather brass buckled belt to assist with the waist fakery, purchased from the fab Mint Condition Vintage Boutique in Rozelle, and a pop of purple with Spanx opaque tights. Spanx tights are a really comfortable way to wear shapewear – no need for it in this outfit, but I adore coloured footless tights, so I get them where I can!
I am desperate to wear my gorgeous Aussie Girls Love Shoes St Etienne heels. Aren’t they just gorgeous! My chiro has banned me from wearing heels or even doing more than a gentle walk until I get my back strain issues sorted out, so I wore them whilst seated at my desk today. They’ve the most gorgeous tangerine soles, retro cute peeptoe styling and a comfortable platform heel. The Mary Jane double strap fastening features gold buckles and an adorable high heel charm.
Whilst they are surprisingly comfortable for a high heel, I had to switch them for my Mox in Latte for the school run.
Shop My Style
- Multi Floral Tea Tunic by Whistle & Wolf from Dorothy Perkins | GBP50 reduced to GBP25 | free international delivery over GBP50 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- St Etienne Mary Jane high heels by Aussie Girls Love Shoes | $189 | click here to purchase
- Seamless Capri Leggings by Flower | $39.95 | click here to purchase
- Latte Leather Belt from the Rubi Collection by Popbasic | click here for information
- White Sand Sunburst Stud Earrings by House of Harlow 1960 from Shopbop | $37.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Some Bunny Loves Me necklace by Dogeared Jewelry from The Iconic | $69.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Orange Juice at Tiffany’s bracelet by Ashloc Designs | $25 | my very own design! | click here to purchase
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Affiliate commissions from Shop My Style during Frocktober will be donated to the OCRF. Perfect excuse to go shopping!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Staxs dress – purchased in New Zealand
- 70s tan belt – purchased from Mint Condition Vintage Boutique
- House of Harlow earrings – purchased from St Frock
- Some Bunny Loves Me necklace – a birthday gift from the Blokefolk
- Latte flats – purchased from Mox
- St Etienne heels – purchased from Aussie Girls Love Shoes
- Spanx opaque tights – purchased from David Jones
- Orange Juice at Tiffany’s bracelet – purchased from Ashloc Designs
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba, Belinda, Norlin, Nora, Rachel, Lisa
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.