Day 3 of Frocktober and my planned floaty summer frock got discarded in favour of my Seed Heritage tube maxi dress aka the infamous “condom dress“, when the weather took a decidedly chilly turn. Still rocking on with my frock on to raise money for the OCRF’s most excellent cause.
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
It’s Day 3 of Frocktober and Day 3 of my self imposed Maxi Dress Week. Mrs Woog of Woogsworld and Nikki from Styling You caused a minor retail riot last year, even crashing Seed Heritage’s online shop, with the condom dress. Seed Heritage call it a Tube Maxi Dress, but we all prefer condom dress, don’t we?
This dress should be the new BFF for ladies who love to layer. Also handy for ladies who love to lunch, just quietly. Stretchy and expandable, just like my mid section, except the condom dress bounces back. A visually slimming basic that every wardrobe needs. Ladies without wasted waists will be able to wear it without a layer. Bless them.
I had a lovely tie dyed colourful and floaty Country Road dress to waft around in a summer breeze today, but apparently Spring has un-sprung and we’re finally having a winter’s day in Sydney. Somewhat optimistically as it turns out, I industriously packed away all my winter and mid-season clothes thinking that summer had arrived early. Good luck with that.
Another of my recent US purchases came out to play today – a classic GAP striped sweatshirt in a light slub cotton. I’m not usually a sweatshirt fan, as they tend to make me look square, but this one is cut cleverly to taper at the waist and flare slightly at the shaped hem. Et voila, a waist magically appears. Love that!
Do you remember the Zara opening frenzy in Sydney? I’m not really sure it was headline news, but the TV stations seemed to think so. I queued at lunchtime with one of the Gorgeous Girls who made a special trip into the city. I bought only a few things, including a scarf, a cute bag which The Mother now possesses and a never worn leopard print satin top. Do not get me started on how disappointing most of the local stock is. These leopard loafers, however, were a fab purchase. Only about $80, leopard print, pony hair leather and uber comfortable, they are a wardrobe classic that will never date.
Because I’m still fixated on Anthropologie, Day 1’s hairclips are getting another outing. I’ve also accessorised with my Mimco Sportiva watch in Sapphire (thanks to The Mother for my Big Four Oh My Gods birthday gift), my Ashloc Designs Orange Juice at Tiffany’s bracelet as well as my usual sterling silver arm party.
Shop My Style
- Tube Maxi Dress by Seed Heritage | $49.95 | click here to purchase
- Critter Gem Bobbies from Anthropologie | US $24 | click here to purchase | international shipping is available to Australia at US $25 so maybe team up with a friend or have a huge spree!
- Striped logo baseball tee by GAP | $34 | click here to purchase | GAP now ships to Australia but it is a whopping $45 so get friends and family to do a bulk order or shop in store in GAP Australia
- Oriana Red loafers by Florsheim Shoes from Style Tread | $139.95 reduced to $41.99 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Any affiliate payments I may receive from purchases made from Frocktober Shop My Style links will be donated to Frocktober to benefit the OCRF. Have you ever needed a better excuse to shop?
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock to be worn and styled by Kimba, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Deauvanne, Gill, Belinda, Kimba and Rachel
- Shop My Style images from Seed Heritage, Anthropologie, Style Tread and GAP
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.