Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes. Affiliate commisions from Frocktober posts will be donated to the OCRF. Ever needed a better reason to shop?
I’ve gone a little bit sassy for my last Frocktober outfit. Yes, I know there’s one more day, but as I’m frocking up in a WEDDING DRESS all day on the 31st, including attending a client event at a posh city venue, it’s not quite the same!
Pattern on pattern and colour clash is what today’s outfit is all about. I’ve teamed a Leona Edmiston Ruby leopard print wiggle dress in pink and greys with a muted yellow beige printed linen coat by Von Troska. The dress fabric is very thin with a V neck so low it would be positively rude not to wear something underneath it, so I’ve opted for an uber stretchy suck ’em in Metalicus slip.
You may have noticed that I’m a big fan of belts and am obsessed by faking a waist. I simply don’t have one, unfortunately. Today, I experimented with a elasticated belt with a large front panel, worn on the hips with the panel covering my tummy, being inspired by this tip I discovered on Motto’s online boutique.
If you are lucky enough to have a long waist, it is a fashion magic trick. My body simply refused to cooperate and the belt kept creeping up to sit around my short waist instead. Fortunately, it works equally well as a waist belt, with the panels slanted to provide the same tummy disguising magic trick.
I added a comfortable pair of Mox flats in contrasting Sherbet, and simple cubic zirconia Pandora heart studs with my Usual Suspects sterling silver arm party.
Shop My Style
- Black & Cream Animal Print Dress by Robyn from Dorothy Perkins | GBP25.99 | free international delivery over GBP50 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Sixties Coat in Birds print by Motto | $159.95 reduced to $49.95 | click here to purchase
- Privvy Stretch Belt from Motto | $79.95 reduced to $39.95 | click here to purchase
- Sherbet flats by Mox | $49.95 reduced to $39.95 | click here to purchase
- Diamante Heart Stud earrings by Sterling & Hyde | $34.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Affiliate commissions from Shop My Style during Frocktober will be donated to the OCRF. Perfect excuse to go shopping!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Ruby dress – purchased from Leona Edmiston Vintage Boutique using birthday gift vouchers
- Von Troska coat – purchased from the now sadly departed Cassandra’s Closet in Rozelle
- Privvy belt – purchased from Motto
- Pandora earrings and ring – won in a Mama Stylista competition
- Mimco and Tiffany & Co jewellery – birthday gifts
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba, Belinda, Norlin, Nora, Rachel, Lisa
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.