Day 4 of Frocktober was, well, let’s be honest here. Be cruel to be kind? It was a Hot Mess. All I needed was the Taj-Mahal diamond, violet eyes and a painkiller addiction and I could have been La Liz Taylor on a bad day mid 70s. Dame Elizabeth received the Taj-Mahal diamond from her Welshman for her 40th birthday. I was as equally delighted with my Cafe Sydney party, a trip to Disneyland, Tiffany & Co and Mimco for my Big Four Oh My Gods. What a spoilt brat I am!
I’m lucky enough to have double eyelashes like La Liz, and I’d marry my Welshman twice, just like she did. She got away with the OTT kaftans because she was La Liz. I just scared the sales assistants at Alannah Hill Birkenhead Point – and that’s no easy feat.
Still, all in the name of rocking on with my frock on! Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
It’s Day 4 of Frocktober which means, yes, Day 4 of my self imposed Maxi Dress Week. An amazing coincidence.
I simply fell in love with the fabulous silk printed fabric of my frock and blithely imagined I could make it work. The price was right too – a tenner for a never before worn 100% silk unique piece at a local garage sale. I might have to chalk this one up to experience – and perhaps question why brand new pieces are passed on like this? Hmmmm.
My options are to beg some reworking assistance from the sister of one of the Gorgeous Girls who is a bona fide fabulous fashion designer. Maybe take it glamping – don’t you agree it would make a fabulously glamorous tent? Perhaps wear it as a nightie? I’ll just need some curlers and a matching quilted bed jacket.
I tried my very best and teamed it with an adorably OTT Alannah Hill pink sequinned elasticated belt with a red patent leather bow, the gorgeousness that is my turquoise and flame Kate Spade Morroccan Market tote, and mustard suede Sambag ballet flats. That added up to One Hot Mess.
A Hot Mess that admittedly photographed very well and looked much better than it felt, according to the lovely commenters on Instagram, bless their sparkly socks. Unfortunately, a combination of sleeves that go from the shoulder to the hips with a hobble skirt and an oversized shape that required cinching in at the waist with a belt that had its own ideas of where it should sit (such a creep – see what I did there?) wasn’t as successful to wear as it was to photograph.
The one thing that saved me today was discovering I’d unwittingly joined in with the fabulous Faux Fuchsia’s #Sequinsarekey Save a Homeless Sequin Fundraiser by selecting my sequinned belt this morning. Why not add another layer of challenge to my Maxi Dress Week Frocktobering? Embellishment and sequins are also a cause dear to my heart. Why don’t you join in the sparkly fun too?
Shop My Style
- Katelin Ruby Maxi Dress by Leona Edmiston | $199| click here to purchase
- You Are The One Belt by Alannah Hill | $89 reduced to $44.50 | click here to purchase | free domestic shipping
- Minkar Yellow Green ballet flats by Nude Shoes from Style Tread | $139.95 reduced to $69.98 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Kate Spade New York Moroccan Market Michelle tote in Turquoise & Flame from D Store Australia | $439 reduced to $405 | click here to purchase
Any affiliate payments I may receive from purchases made from Frocktober Shop My Style links will be donated to Frocktober to benefit the OCRF. Have you ever needed a better excuse to shop?
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Deauvanne, Gill, Rona, Kimba and Rachel
- Shop My Style images from D Store Australia, Alannah Hill, Leona Edmiston, Style Tread
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.