Ah, daylight saving time. How I love thee. The good thing about having jetlag the week before the clocks spring forward an hour is that we’ve already put ourselves on DST. Today, I woke around 6am instead of my usual 5am. What a treat! Frocktober Day 6 was a gorgeous family fun day Sunday. A little trip to Glebe to purchase Boyo a new bike – he skipped the next size and went straight to an adult-sized bike. His feet are now only one size smaller than me and he is about nose height on me. What the? Dude, you’re nine!
We had a coffee at Sonoma whilst they were adjusting the bike, and I bravely ignored the siren calls of Glebe Vinnies, mitigated somewhat by a little side trip to Gleebooks and the discovery of a Diary of a Wimpy Kid edition missing from Boyo’s set. Can anyone say “shopping ban”? No, please don’t!
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
Sunday was 33 degrees high summer in the midst of Spring – only three days ago, it was hailing. Go home Sydney weather, you’re drunk! The perfect opportunity to whip out one of my favourite summer maxi dresses – a Sportsgirl 100% silk (and the Holy Grail of summer frocks – also 100% silk lined) printed paisley shirred bodice tiered maxi dress in gorgeous grey-green and musk pink. I picked it up a few years ago in a clearance sale for the princely sum of $20 and it has come on every single summer holiday I’ve had since. I teamed it with another old favourite – my Tiffany & Co 1837 pendant, a Welshman gift, bless him.
I dashed out this morning still with wet hair and threw on the nearest shoes, my summer staple Mox flats in Sherbet. The Blokefolk were threatening to leave without me. They don’t understand the lure of new makeup and that girly playtime is essential!
I was lucky enough to receive a gorgeous present from Eles Cosmetics. Check out my pretty day look utilising Quad Shadow in Debutante, Dimensional Cake Liner in Plum Crazy, Mineral Blush in Coral Sun and Micro Bubble Lipstick in Nude. I’ve not used Eles Cosmetics before and I am very impressed by the quality of the products, their lasting power and the sleek chic packaging. A bit more definition and more emphasis on socket work and it can easily be transformed into a sexy evening look. Colour me impressed!
The Blokefolk hustling me out of the house this morning meant I didn’t have time to add my sparkly sequins in support of Faux Fuchsia’s #Sequinsarekey campaign – to raise awareness of the plight of homeless sequins. Fortunately, I feel embellishment needs some love too, so my Witchery neon studded purse made a guest star appearance. Thank you to The Mother for another fabulous Big Four Oh My Gods birthday gift.
Don’t worry – I more than made up for it later. The Blokefolk voted that my Minnie Mouse ears were a touch too much for the movies, so I opted for an extremely subtle silver sequinned bow. As you do.
Shop My Style
- Rosethorn Maxi by Wish from The Iconic | $199.95 reduced to $139.97 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Missing the Madness Clip by Alannah Hill | $39 | click here to purchase | free domestic shipping
- Lovely Medium Pouch in Lime by Mimco | $99.95 | click here to purchase
- State Tan wooden clog sandals by Windsor Smith from Style Tread | $89.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Any affiliate payments I may receive from purchases made from Frocktober Shop My Style links will be donated to Frocktober to benefit the OCRF. Have you ever needed a better excuse to shop?
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Deauvanne, Rona, Kimba, Gill and Rachel
- Shop My Style images from Alannah Hill, Wish, The Iconic, Style Tread, Windsor Smith, Mimco
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- Eles Cosmetics gifted me with a selection from their new Spring Vibes collection but I was under no obligation to blog about the products. I’m choosing to do so because, quite frankly, I luff them!
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.