I simply adore a frock … or three. For the month of October, I’m going to rock a lot of frocks. 31 frocks in fact. All in the name of fundraising for OCRF, the Ovarian Cancer Research Foundation.
The OCRF has a fabulous mission – to develop an early detection test for ovarian cancer, the silent killer. Every 10 hours an Australian woman dies from ovarian cancer. Every. Ten. Hours.
Frocktober is an amazing opportunity to reduce, reuse and recycle by wearing 31 Days of Frocks, whilst raising awareness and much needed funds for OCRF. I’m digging deep in my wardrobe and will be taking some old friends for a spin. More accurately, a twirl. I am a girl who loves a twirl!
Men can participate in Frocktober too by “frocking” up by rocking a bowtie, patterned socks or dressing more stylishly than usual. You can click here to find out more about how you can participate in Frocktober to raise funds for this Very Important cause.
I’m setting myself the additional challenge of wearing a different dress every day for 31 days. But why leave it there? For Week One of Frocktober, I’ll be wearing a maxi dress for what I’ve dubbed Maxi Dress Week. Week Two will find me wearing a Verily frock every single day. Weeks Three and Four? Currently open for suggestions!
I’m asking people to dig deep into their pockets to support this cause. You can follow my rock your frock adventures and some fabulous frock rockers at Team Kimba Likes’ Everyday Hero fundraising page. Click here to check it out.
Meet Team Kimba Likes
- Rachel from Redcliffe Style
- Belinda from B Being Cool
- Rona – find her gorgeous pictures on Instagram as @nora_bee_
- Deauvanne from Mama Stylista
- Gill – one of my Gorgeous Girls
How can you get involved?
- Join Team Kimba Likes if you’d like to be part of my team, or set up your own fundraising page.
- Email email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock to be worn and styled by Kimba, as well as shared all over social media.
- Donate to OCRF – you can donate to Team Kimba Likes or to any one of the lovely ladies individually. I don’t care how you donate – I would just really like you to, if at all possible! Every little bit counts.
- Click here to find out the guidelines for hosting a fundraising event for Frocktober.
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Team Kimba Likes copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Frocktober image
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.