Hands up if you think you style and comfort are mutually exclusive? Put your hands down now! I’m going to share a few ways that you can add style but stay comfy. All you have to do is switch a piece here, add a piece there and et voila, a fabulous burst of style! The secret is to look as though you’ve made an effort without actually making an effort at all!
Simple Jeans Outfit
Instead of wearing thongs, jeans, a tee shirt and a hoodie or a cardigan, I’m wearing the exact same thing in terms of comfort. But the style factor is considerably amped up.
I’ve switched the thongs for rubber Mox flats – the stylish equivalent of thongs. Just as washable, slip proof and comfy.
I’m still wearing jeans – just a pair of orange skinnies from Country Road. Absolutely comfy but a stylish twist on the classic.
If you can wear a tee, you can wear a tunic or a dress. In most cases, it is considerably more flattering. Think flowing fabrics, waist defining, as well as bottom and thigh disguising length.
Instead of the classic cardigan or hoodie, I’ve popped a classic linen blazer over the top. As easy to wear as a cardigan but it looks like I’ve made an effort. So haven’t!
Dresses really are the lazy girl’s style secret. No fussing about matching tops and bottoms. No bother with waistbands. Just add or subtract layers according to the dictates of the weather gods. Wearing a dress really is as easy as wearing a nightie – except far more socially acceptable! Comfy and stylish. So very versatile too – a dress is also a fabulous travel piece. Travel in comfort and arrive in style! Dress it up or down on arrival at your destination.
Comfy Pants Outfit
You could wear trackies, ugg boots (there is a reason my laptop tries to autocorrect that to “ugh”, just quietly), a tee and a hoodie. You would be lovely and warm and terribly comfortable. But not terribly stylish. Literally exchange each piece for an equally comfortable piece but more stylish piece and you’re good to go. I wore this outfit to a business meeting, so I’ve selected a dressier style of boot. Surprisingly comfortable though!
A denim shirt and a knit has to be one of the most comfortable combinations going. I’ve made this workhorse piece more stylish by buttoning it to the top, layering a bright knit over the top and adding a statement necklace. Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!
Try on the Trend
Simply exchange a hoodie or cardigan for a blazer. Then when you realise you have learnt how to add style but stay comfy, follow the rest of my advice and enjoy all the compliments that will be sure to come your way!
Kimba Likes Style Notes | Shop My Style
Simple Jeans Outfit
- Mox flats in Blueberry – purchased from Mox Online
- Country Road orange skinnies – purchased from Country Road (sold out | click here for similar)
- Random satin shirt dress – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar | love this Cloth Amore Pockets Dress reduced to $32 from $80)
- Blare Blazer – purchased from Sancerre (reduced to $29 from $155 | run don’t walk)
- Navy and Red Dress by Verily – gifted from Verily
- Mox flats – as before
- Miss Sixty denim jacket – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar)
- Country Road satchel – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar | 10 Bells Double Strap Satchel reduced to $12!)
Comfy Pants Outfit
- Gorman boots – purchased from Birkenhead Point outlet centre (sold out | click here for similar)
- Country Road leather-panelled ponte leggings – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle (click here for similar)
- Brown Sugar knit – gifted as part of my Brown Sugar Brand Ambassadorship (click here for similar | Tie Detail Merino Dress)
- Escada blazer – thrifted from Salvos Balgowlah
- Luella bag – thrifted from Rozelle Markets
- Faux Fuchsia Leo necklace – purchased from Red Phoenix Emporium
Denim Shirt outfit
- Denim shirt from The GAP – thrifted from eBay (click here for similar)
- Marni knit – thrifted from eBay
- Float Like a Butterfly necklace – purchased from Red Phoenix Emporium (click here for similar)
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- All images by Kim-Marie Williams
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I was not compensated or remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.