how to cover up bingo wings in style | cover up chic
First things first, on my post about how to to cover up bingo wings in style, I want to say that bodies are all imperfect whilst being perfectly beautiful. This is not an exercise in body shaming.
I have recently put on a lot of weight thanks to the perfect storm of medication side effects and chronic pain making exercise an exercise in futility. My already EnormoBoobs have returned to epic proportion and are claiming real estate in my armpits. I mean, what the actual? Sore and swollen hands with reduced grip ability make arm toning very painful so the bingo wings are full on. Fancy a pint in the Fat Ladies Arms?
A little cropped cover up piece not only achieves the goal of how to cover up bingo wings in style but narrows the bust and torso and nips in the waist. Look, it’s all visual illusion but I’m totes down with that.
It adds retrocute charm to an outfit like a colourful summer frock, and is a great way to dress up a full skirt and silky tank for the office too.
how to cover up bingo wings in style
With my retrocute palm print Jacqui E dress (a total outlet centre bargain at $15), I’ve added a little velvet burnout edge to edge cropped Metalicus jacket. The flared shape of the elbow length sleeves are extremely flattering, and the collarless style doesn’t add any bulk to the bust area.
My super cute Gorman tulip dress is high necked, which is a style I usually steer clear from, due to its unflattering effect on EnormoBoobs. The little knit bolero, from Jacqui E, was an emergency purchase in the weekend. I just didn’t feel completely comfortable in this gorgeous frock. I just felt both booby and baggy.
The bolero visually narrows the bodice which allows the voluminous skirt to take centre stage in full drama llama mode!
shop my style | how to cover up bingo wings in style
I’ve rounded up a couple of options if this is something you’re after for Spring and Summer style too.
- Jacqui E Charlotte 3/4 Sleeve Crop Jacket in Pearl, Azalea, Black and Italian Navy $99.95 (plus a further 25% off) | click to shop
- Rockmans Elbow Sleeve Pointelle Scallop Cardigan in Black and Red $49.99 | click to shop
- Millers Elbow Sleeve Pointelle Hem Cardigan in Black and White $40 | click to shop
- Jacqui E Amelia Bolero in Mineral and Black $69.95 (plus a further 25% off) | click to shop
- BeMe Frill Sleeve Bolero in White $34.99 (on sale) | click to shop
- Boohoo Plus Melissa Lace Short Sleeve Kimono in Black $30 (plus currently 30% off) | click to shop
I’ve shared some simple little classic pieces that will perfectly team with retrocute frocks and full skirts.
If skinny jeans or cutoffs teamed with a tank is more your style, then the perfect piece for how to cover up bingo wings in style is a floaty kimono. I’ll be sharing some gorgeous pieces soon. The delightful Sahara Cover Up from Be Me is a standout and I’m stalking their website to nab it as soon as it drops!
Oh yes! It’s Shopbop Sale Event time! My favourite designer destination.
For three days only, get up to 25% off full price and sale items at Shopbop. Some exclusions apply.
Use code EOTS17 at checkout and Shopbop til you drop!
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Wardrobe Wednesday rules
- post any recently published style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- don’t just post and run – that’s not cool
- say hello in the comments – I’d love to know more about you and your blog
- share the love by commenting, pinning or sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
Liked this post and want to read more?
click here to get new posts in your inbox
let’s have a chat on Facebook
check out my life in pictures on Instagram
get pinspired on Pinterest with me
this post contains affiliate links