My latest Lazy Girl beauty trick to share with you is how to create air dried curls.
I like to think I’m far more low maintenance in terms of beauty maintenance than I really am. A good Lazy Girl beauty trick helps me fool myself!
One of the easiest lazy girl beauty tricks to get your hair ready in a flash is to put it up into a messy topknot, low bun or a good old fashioned ponytail.
If you’ve got hair like mine, starring curls and a short cut, then those options are out for you. Don’t panic – I’ve got the perfect solution!
How to create air dried curls
- Pat your freshly washed hair dry with a soft towel
- Comb through a mixture of Original Mineral Frizzy Logic and Original Mineral Style Guru – or substitute your own favourite hair oil / serum and styling cream.
- Define your part – if required
- Twist sections of hair around your fingers to create curls
- Leave to air dry
- You can speed up the process with a diffuser set on high heat low power – tip your head forward and drop the curls into the diffuser with minimal touching
- An alternative drying technique is to set your hair dryer to high heat low power, tilt the nozzle towards the head and twist the curls with your curls whilst blowdrying
- After the curls are dry, shake them through carefully with your fingers
My Day 1 air dried curls after I’ve twirled and scrunched the ends to get rid of any residual crunchiness from excess product. I find adding a smidgen of Frizzy Logic hair oil to my Styling Guru styling cream reduces the possibility of this occurring.
This technique works so well for me that it even extends my Lazy Girl beauty routine. Talk about a win win!
The following morning, I simply twist a few curls to define them, brush through the front section with my Tangle Teezer and add a hair accessory or two as desired. I spray my hands with Original Queenie hair spray and pat over my head to reduce any flyaways.
I find I don’t need dry shampoo until Days 3 or 4, dependent on weather conditions.
On Day 3 of my air dried curls, I simply brush through my curls, adding a little definition with a tiny drop of Frizzy Logic on my hands as I twist a curl here and there, and then add a hairbow. I repeat the flyaway trick with hairspray – it works a treat!
How to create air dried curls | the tools
- Zig Zag Bow Clips $4.95 | Pattern Bow Headband in Pink $5.95 | Cute hair accessories from Colette by Colette Hayman^
- Frizzy Logic $31.95 | Style Guru $26.95 | Original Queenie $31.95 | Original Mineral from Adore Beauty^
- Tangle Teezer $29.95 | Phoenix Nationale
Love a Lazy Girl beauty trick that just keeps on giving back. Are you a fellow curly girlie?
^ affiliate links | if you click to shop, I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you any more. That’s what I call a win win!