I recently shared some tips and tricks, illustrated by outfit photos, to show you how to dress with a bloated tummy. For comfort as much as disguise. If you’re bloated, you’re often sore and uncomfortable.
These tips and tricks are great for post baby tummies too.
Why does this outfit do the trick?
- The print clash adds a fun distraction
- The Bella Bodies long sleeved Camyz smooths without squishing
- The V neck with contrasting top draws the eyes upwards
- Empire line allows the jersey fabric to flow over the tummy
How it works for a super casual look
- Soft jersey draped harem-style pants are comfortable and super casual and don’t emphasise a bloated tummy
- Print clash, colour and hi lo hem obfuscate any sticky out tummy issues
- Cute accessories add a fun element to focus on
Tricks that make this outfit work
- Layered tops diffuse the focus on the tummy region
- The wider hem of the top works to make the hip and waist area look narrower
- Jean fading narrows the thighs
- Long layered knit draws the eye down
- Contrasting cuffed denim, bare ankles and patent navy shoes provide a focus point
How this outfit disguises a bloated tummy:
- A fabulous hat is a fun focus point
- The three quarter sleeve and wide hem of the chambray top uses volume to distract from the tummy underneath (it’s a similar cut to the patterned top above)
- The patterned pants add interest, and the elastic flat-fronted waistband allows the pants to be placed at the most flattering spot
- Contrasting detail on the shoes, bare ankles and the ankle-zip tassel take the focus to the ankles, not the waist
How colour tricks visually disguise a bloated tummy
- The khaki jacket, hairbow and scarf create a coordinated “border” around the cream knit
- Scalloped hem of the knit floats over the tummy
- The open jacket visually narrows the torso
- The contrasting horizontally-striped skirt provides a focus point
- Excuse the dodgy selfie photo!
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. Plus I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
Wardrobe Wednesday rules:
- post any style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link up only one post per person
- your post doesn’t need to be published on a Wednesday. Who doesn’t love some alliteration after all?
- I would just love it if you would share the love by commenting, pinning, sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
- if you like, you can add the linkup to your post too – just grab the code
[inlinkz_linkup id=564933 mode=1]