I’ve been lucky enough to be tagged by two bloggers for the Liebster Blog Award! I’ve been tagged by the lovely Lisa from Mummy’s Undeserved Blessings and the lovely Lara from This Charming Mum.
Each person must post 11 facts about themselves
Answer 11 questions the tagger has given you and give 11 questions for the person you tag
Choose 11 people and link them to your post (they must have 200 followers or fewer)
Tell them you have tagged them
Remember, no tag backs
11 facts about Kimba:
- I have green eyes. The best thing about having been so sick for months is how much more green red rims make your eyes appear.
- I am partially deaf. What’s that? Speak up! Seriously, I was profoundly deaf from glue ear at age 4 and the doctors decided that scarring from further operations may in fact cause further hearing loss. My hearing loss is in the deep male voice register. I’ve used this excuse many times but it is actually true.
- I lived in a zoo for ten years. Yup, from age 9 to 19, I lived with my family at Orana Park in Christchurch, New Zealand.
- I have three baby brothers. My baby brother and I had babies within 6 weeks of each other.
- I am the oldest great grandchild and grandchild on both sides of my family.
- I used to perform in tap dance and jazz ballet competitions as a child. Get me drunk enough and I may just demonstrate.
- I am allergic to the onion and garlic family, as well as morphine, Maxalon, Voltaren and Elastoplast. Giving birth and having a caesarean with painkiller and anti-inflammatory allergies is not fun.
- My great grandmother, grandmother and mother and I have trinity engagement rings. I carried my great grandmother’s wedding hankie on my wedding day, as did my grandmother and mother.
- I have converted my ensuite shower into accessories storage. Just until I get enough time to get organised and put it away properly. Yup, that’s gonna happen.
- Both my front teeth fell out days before I was due to be a flower girl, aged 6, so my mother allowed me to get my ears pierced. However, I wasn’t aware there was a gun involved so they had to hold me down for the second piercing. Consequently, my piercings are wonky. To this day.
- I cannot sing to save myself. But I love to sing. So I do. Earplugs are advisable.
Lara’s questions for me:
- Why did you start blogging? Because Andrea from Fox in Flats told me I should and I listened to her!
- What’s your first memory of using ‘The Internet’? I really can’t remember. I do remember the first job I got where everyone had a PC on their desk was in 1993 though.
- What book are you reading at the moment? I’ve just finished Bring Up the Bodies by Hilary Mantel, which I adored, and now I’m reading PD James’ Death Comes to Pemberley, which I’m enjoying much more than I thought I would.
- What was the last concert you went to? I saw Wil Anderson perform last year (and again this September!) but the last music concert I went to? Um, I think it was Neil Finn performing at the Metro at least 9 years ago.
- Is there a future for the paper-based magazine or newspaper? I think there is something appealing about flicking the pages of a glossy magazine, and spreading the newspapers over the breakfast table in the weekend. I use newspaper to line my bunny’s hutch so they certainly have a second life in our house.
- What is your favourite conspiracy theory? I’m enjoying tossing around TomKat theories with the Gorgeous Girls at the moment but I’m not really a conspiracy theory type of girl.
- Catwalk fashion – is it textile art or unwearable nonsense? It’s fabulous fantasy and meant to be used as a guide for ready-to-wear collections.
- What is your favourite city in the world? I just adore London. I’m a bit of an Anglophile and I just love the history and seeing the things I read about come to life in front of me. I love the V&A and Oxford Street and Liberty’s of London …
- Will you watch and take an interest in the next Olympics? I will probably watch bits and pieces but I won’t be glued to it. Now, the Rugby World Cup, however. Entirely different situation!
- Have you ever had a recurring dream? Yes, a nightmare. Luckily, I no longer experience this dream.
- Is there anything a little bit scary in your fridge right now? Is it scarier that I have to get up and check?! The scariest thing in there is the custard and cream left over from our Xmas in July weekend away, because I am desperate to eat it!
Lisa’s questions for me:
- Do you have a regular holiday destination? If so, where? We used to go home to Christchurch at least once a year, but haven’t visited since the last big earthquake in 2011. We visit the UK every three years.
- What is your dream holiday destination? I would absolutely love to return to Botswana and the Okavango Delta safari camps we visited on our honeymoon. It was so magical. We plan to take Boyo there when he’s old enough to enjoy it.
- If you could have a super power, what would it be? I’d love to be able to read minds, and not just because Edward Cullen can do this.
- What is the last book you read? I just finished reading Hilary Mantel’s Bring Up the Bodies and it was absolutely amazing. I also adored her Man Booker prize winner Wolf Hall.
- Would you ever wear ugg boots in public? Not on purpose, but I have done so when I discovered I needed petrol driving back from dropping the Welshman off for a boy’s night out. I was heavily pregnant at the time, so I think that’s my excuse.
- What colour is your handbag? The handbag I’m carrying today is my favourite Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q backpack and the colour is called Dirty Martini. Fabulous, isn’t it!
- How long have you been blogging for? Since December 2011.
- What food could you not live without? I’m going to plump for a roast lamb dinner.
- Is your hair colour real or dyed? I’m all natural baby. I prefer to spend the money on shoes!
- Apple or Android? I’m iKimba all the way. However, I desperately miss my Samsung Galaxy but it just got too tricky when every other piece of equipment at work and home was Apple, so I gave in to the dark side.
- Favourite flower? Blue Moon roses, which I carried on my wedding day.
My 11 Questions:
- How many pairs of shoes do you own?
- What’s your favourite perfume?
- How many countries have you visited?
- What was the first car you owned?
- What’s your favourite movie?
- What’s your tipple of choice?
- Diet Coke or full fat?
- Brazilian, full bush or somewhere in between?
- Do you have any pets?
- How many siblings do you have?
- What’s your favourite nail polish colour du jour?
Tag, you’re it!
I found this really difficult as I’m not sure about other people’s stats, followers, etc, so I chose 11 bloggers who participate in blog hops with me. Participation is not compulsory, but feel free to share the love!
- Nat from Drivelogy
- Becci from Birdy Num Num
- Lisa from Mum of Adult Kids
- Katy from Katy Potaty Cupcake Lady
- B from B Being Cool
- Kristin from A Pair of Boots and a Backpack
- Catherine from Cup of Tea and a Blog
- Lou from Louwink
- Lauren from Sandcastles and Paper Crowns
- Jade from A Jaded Life
- Tam from Somewhere Around Here