Kimba Likes Life Hacks | cleaning with baking soda for pets
Oh I love a good life hack! It’s all about making life easier. I’m sharing some baking soda tips that will save you money and save the earth too.
Good old baking soda, aka bicarbonate soda, is a super duper useful product for way more than just baking.
To keep our pets clean, safe and happy, I’ve got three life hacks all about cleaning with baking soda for pets.
cleaning with baking soda for pets
- sprinkle some baking soda in with your kitty litter in your pet’s litter tray
- alternatively, you could sprinkle it on the bottom of the tray before covering with clean litter
- about a quarter of a cup should do the trick but if it still pongs, just add a little more
- mould and mildew can build up inside a water drip bottle, or pet fountain, and it can be hard to remove
- half fill the bottle with warm water, add a good sprinkling of baking soda and shake it like a Polaroid picture
- rinse well
- pet litter trays can get super stinky with gross build up (but at least bunny owners don’t have to pick up poos!)
- give them a really good clean by sprinkling with baking soda and adding a little vinegar
- the foaming bubbling chemical reaction is super fun and also super effective at removing gunge
- give it a quick scrub and rinse well
- pssst … this works well with human litter trays too!
Are you a clean queen? Prefer to use natural products where you can? Let me know your favourite baking soda cleaning tips, tricks and life hacks. More coming soon!