We headed off to Lake Macquarie to celebrate a 70th birthday last weekend. We were treated to glorious weather, a fab holiday house and a truly fantastic party. Boyo was in heaven with a hammock. How good is that view?
Lake Macquarie Weekend Style | Mexican Embroidered Dress
I traveled on Friday afternoon in my gorgeous Mexican embroidered dress, thrifted from my favourite Rozelle Markets boutique vintage seller recently. Teamed with Raspberry Mox and a Western-style tan leather belt from ASOS.
Lake Macquarie Weekend Style | Morisset Show
On Saturday morning, we headed to the Morisset Show. We marveled at enormous chickens, patted sheepdogs, admired horses being put their paces, listened to a band, viewed fabulous handicrafts, were relieved we were too early for the carnival rides (slightly dodgier than usual), bravely resisted the lure of fairy floss and stocked up on old lady-made goodness at the Legacy stall.
I am now the proud owner of a Christmas plum duff-shaped knitted tea cosy and a jar of lime butter. Not nearly big enough for my liking. We also enjoyed some orange and sour cream cakes, complete with candied orange decoration. Yum!
I wore my beloved Seed Femme leather brimmed hat, a Country Road blouse, GAP cutoffs, and Skechers GOWalk 2 shoes. They’re a little bit like trainers and a little bit like Crocs and they’re quite fabulously comfortable. This particular pair are also gloriously aqua. The blouse was also from my Rozelle Markets lady.
I carried my Il Tutto Pixie Mini bag in Gold – it really has become my go to bag. I think I need to investigate the other colours in the range, don’t you?
Lake Macquarie Weekend Style | Trelise Cooper
On Saturday afternoon, we headed off to the 70th birthday party of a family friend. My Il Tutto Pixie got another outing, teamed with quite possibly my most favourite dress, a gorgeous Trelise Cooper number, and Gorman white leather sandals. You’ll never guess where I got the dress – yep, my lovely Rozelle Markets vintage reseller.
I pinned my hair with rose gold Mimco Dinosauria clips, and wore a copper detailed necklace by Formed Design Co.
Boyo wore bright yellow Natives, shorts from Jay Jays and an Esprit shirt. He even let me comb his hair. I know right?
A truly fabulous party, beautifully well organised in the most gorgeous location. What a way to celebrate turning 70!
Lake Macquarie Weekend Style | Metalicus
For our trip back to Sydney, I wore a Metalicus peplum tank with Metalicus harem pants, Raspberry Mox and Missoni for Target silk cotton scarf. Hair taming courtesy of my Ban.do hair twist, and jewellery bargain of the day is this fab Low Luv by Erin Wasson necklace from Kamali Moon.
I spent the rest of the day pottering around the house and just hanging out with the Blokefolk. How lovely!
Shop My Style
- Mexican embroidered dress | shop similar at Little Tienda $129 | click to shop
- ASOS Leather Western Stud Scallop Edge Waist Belt | $43 reduced to $9 | exact match | click to shop^
- Mox in Raspberry | $39.99 in 14 colours | exact match | click to shop
- Country Road peasant blouse | shop similar Living Doll at The Iconic $34.98 | click to shop^
- Seed Femme hat | shop similar Fallen Broken Street at The Iconic $59.98 | click to shop^
- Il Tutto Pixie Mini Bag $99 | exact match | click to shop
- Skechers GOWalk 2 Spark | reduced to $74.96 | exact match | click to shop^
- GAP denim cutoffs | shop similar Lee Riders at The Iconic $47.98 | click to shop^
- Formed Design Co Tribal Findings necklace | $30 | exact match | click to shop
- Mimco Dinosauria Spike Clip | $5 | exact match | click to shop
- Gorman white leather sandals | shop similar Windsor Smith at Styletread $89.95 | click to shop^
- Ban.do Hair Twist Scarf from Lark Store | $36.95 | exact match | click to shop
- Missoni for Target scarf | shop similar Missoni for Target scarf reduced to $10 | click to shop
- Erin Wasson Low Luv necklace | sold out | click to shop more Kamali Moon gorgeousness
- Metalicus The Botanical Cropped Pant | $99.95 | exact match | click to shop^
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated.
[inlinkz_linkup id=492795 mode=1]
^ affiliate links | if you click to shop, I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you any more. That’s what I call a win win!