On my recent January holiday to New Zealand, we experienced pretty much every type of weather. Warm weather, rainy weather, straight up cold weather. We even saw snow. OK, so the snow was high on the Southern Alps in Arthur’s Pass, but it was there!
On a particularly chilly Christchurch day, Boyo and his aunt and uncle hit the Riccarton Markets, and the Welshman and I headed into the heart of Christchurch city.
Since the big quakes of February 2011, I haven’t been back to the CBD. I just couldn’t bear it. This trip, I was resolved to bear witness and experience the regrowth for myself.
I documented the rebirth and construction – I had no wish to document the destruction. I’m going to share some of these images and stories later.
We walked through New Regent Street, one of the prettiest places in a (formerly) very pretty city. It’s traditional Spanish Mission style, and opened in 1932. Tragically, it was severely damaged in February 2011, and was reopened in April 2013.
It was the perfect place to show off my gorgeous city to the Welshman, as well as an impromptu photo shoot, to show off my fabulous Marnie Midnight top by Ruby & Lilli.
What I Wore | New Regent Street
I teamed my Ruby & Lilli Marnie Midnight top, layered over Ruby & Lilli Coral Bay Dusk burnout tank, with French Connection fur gilet, Wakee distressed skinny jeans from Three Parsons and Ziera sandals.
As proof of how cold it was, I present to you Geek Tourist, wearing my Kathmandu Gore-tex jacket! Such a good look with sandals, don’t you think?
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. Plus I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
Wardrobe Wednesday rules:
- post any style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- your post doesn’t need to be published on a Wednesday. Who doesn’t love some alliteration after all?
- I would just love it if you would share the love by commenting, pinning, sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
- if you like, you can add the linkup to your post too – just grab the code
[inlinkz_linkup id=602309 mode=1]