I am in love with makeup. Addicted to cosmetics. A total beauty junkie. I decided to create a No Makeup makeup look with, you guessed it, makeup.
You might be surprised at how many makeup products are required to create the No Makeup Makeup look. It’s all about beautifully glowing polished skin and contouring.
The No Makeup Makeup Look | products and tools
- Benefit They’re Real Mascara – yes, it really is an instant cult classic | shop Adore Beauty^ $38 | shop Benefit USA USD23
- Sigma Beauty 3DHD Kabuki and Precision brushes – blending, contouring, applying, smoothing. Effortlessly multifunctional | shop Lipstick Republic^ $25-33
- W3LL People Realist Satin Mineral Setting Powder | amazing airbrush finish | shop The Natural Supply Co $34.95
- W3LL People Altruist Satin Mineral Foundation | skin that looks like velvet | shop The Natural Supply Co $39.95
- Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Powder Wardrobe | my Holy Grail contouring kit | shop Mecca Cosmetica $76
- bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation | skincare and makeup all in one | shop Mecca Cosmetica $38
- Lorac Lip Lustre Creme in Tiara | cult American brand | I bought mine from Amazon last year
- Bobbi Brown Corrector | don’t just conceal, correct! | shop David Jones^ $40
- By Terry Touche Veloutee Enlightening Concealer Brush | costs a pretty penny but makes you look a million dollars | shop Mecca Cosmetica $74
- Darphin Ideal Resource Anti-Dark Circles Eye Illuminator | eye cream that performs magic tricks | shop Mecca Cosmetica $74
- Sleek Blush by 3 | a coordinated but never matchy matchy wardrobe of creme blush and surprisingly affordable | shop Lipstick Republic^ $14.95-17.95
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo | perfectly pigmented brow powder in an amazing range of colours | shop Beauty Bay^ $21.40
The No Makeup Makeup Look | how to
After I let my moisturiser sink in for a few minutes, I apply my Darphin eye creme under my eyes followed by my Bobbi Brown Corrector, using my Sigma Beauty 3DHD precision brush. It’s not a concealer – instead it literally corrects the skin tone and magically disappears dark circles!
Next up, my bareMinerals bareSkin foundation, applied with my Sigma Beauty 3DHD kabuki. It’s the lovechild of skincare and foundation. I’m rather a fan. Next up, a little W3LL People mineral foundation applied from the centre of my face outwards, buffed well into the skin with the same kabuki brush. The unique shape makes application easy peasy lemon squeezy.
By Terry concealer applied under the eyes, on the lids and on the base of the nose, blended with the Precision brush is next, followed by a light dusting of W3LL People setting powder.
I curled my lashes and used Benefit’s They’re Real Mascara. Here’s my tips on how to apply mascara. I usually use brow pomade but decided on a more natural look for my brows, with just a good brushing into place and a little Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder Duo in Auburn to fill in the gaps underneath my brows.
It’s time for blush and contouring, to add colour and shape to my face.
My Sleek Blush by 3 compact is a new addition to my makeup collection. Three coordinating creme blushes with excellent colour payoff and a truly tiny price. I have the Californ.I.A. palette but have my eyes on at least three more!
I used my Hourglass Cosmetics Ambient Powder Wardrobe. I used Incandescent Light as a highlighter along the bridge of my nose, under my eyebrows and in the outer corners of my eyes, along the top of my cheekbones. Radiant Light is the perfect bronzer for my pale skin. I applied it in the classic 3 from my temples, under my cheekbones, along my jawline. It is also the perfect nude eyeshadow. I patted a little onto my lids to add a little polish to my look.
The final step was a nude glossy lip, courtesy of Lorac Lip Lustre Creme in Tiara. It was a little out of my comfort zone, but is surprisingly flattering. I bought it from Amazon as part of a set. It is not a colour I would have ever bought by itself.
What I was amazed about is just how many products and just how long it took to achieve the No Makeup Makeup Look!
Do you love makeup like me? What’s your favourite makeup look?
Want more of Kimba Likes? Click here!
^ affiliate links | if you click to shop, I will earn a small commission but it won’t cost you any more. That’s what I call a win win!