Anyone else besides themselves with excitement about Sephora Australia opening soon on December 5? Not many more sleeps now! Sydney, you’re first!
Sephora Australia | the rumours and the facts
- The online store won’t open until 2015. The rumour is that Sephora want to concentrate on getting their first Australian store embedded and operating to perfection, before moving on to opening subsequent stores and an online store.
- Existing Sephora VIB card holders won’t be able to transfer their membership.
- Sephora Australia will launch their Australian rewards program early in 2015
- No news on which brands or how many, but Sephora have made a commitment to price match USA prices for selected brands. The rumour is that it will be Sephora’s own brand, Sephora Collection
- Interstate beauty addicts who fly in to shop on the first day receive an exclusive Sephora Pamper Pack – just show your boarding pass at the check out!
- The brands everyone seems to want to know about are
- Anastasia Beverly Hills (rumours are still swirling over this one, but you can buy a limited range in Australia from Lulu and Lipstick and It Begins with Brows) | Updated November 2015 – the full ABH is available at Sephora. Click to shop here^
- Too Faced Cosmetics – exclusive to Mecca Cosmetica
- Urban Decay – exclusively contracted to Mecca Cosmetica but not stocked. I don’t know why either. You can buy at Beauty Bay^ | Updated November 2015 – Urban Decay is now stocked at Mecca!
- Lorac – not stocked by any Sephora stores. You can buy at My Qty
Sephora Australia | exclusive brands
Sephora have released a list of 34 brands that will be stocked exclusively in their inaugural Australian store. Some of these are new to me, and some are brands I have discovered from my trips to Sephora whilst on holiday in the USA last year.
- Andrea Fulerton
- Cover FX
- Crème Simon
- Elizabeth and James
- Estelle & Thild
- Etat Libre d’Orange
- For Beloved One
- Formula X
- Givenchy Colour
- Hello Kitty
- IT Cosmetics
- Kat Von D
- MAKE UP FOREVER
- Marc Jacobs Beauty
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics
- Ole Henriksen
- Percy & Reed
- Sephora Collection
- Skin Inc.
Sephora Australia | online store
Updated November 2015 | Sephora Australia’s online store has opened! Yippeee! Click to shop here!
Sephora acquired Luxola.com, and whilst the process of changeover is still occurring, it is so awesome for all the beauty junkies not in Sydney!
Some info – your USA Beauty VIB account can’t be transferred to Sephora Australia’s loyalty program. But the Beauty Pass program is rocking. Check it out here! It’s been open for a few weeks and, well, I’m already Black card level. Beauty Junkies represent!
Sephora Australia | Kimba Likes Wishlist
- An Australian company known for their products to create perfect, natural skin
- My wishlist – I cannot live without my Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed in Moonstone. I also love Ultimate Creme Eyeliner
- Beauty label focusing on lips. Products made with food grade ingredients for lip beauty good enough to eat.
- My wishlist – High Pigment Pencils – the best lip crayons ever featuring super duper high pigments and a wind up mechanism
- Skincare from a cult dermatologist
- My wishlist – Water Fuse Beauty Balm SPF 25+, Brightening Infusion Hydrogel Mask
- Innovative nail care and colour products
- My wishlist – The System – a four step nail program proven to give you nail colours that last and outlast
Kat Von D
- Edgy beauty brand by famous tattoo artist, Kat Von D
- My wishlist – Ink Liner waterproof felt tip liquid liner
Marc Jacobs Beauty
- Beauty brand by one of my favourite designers – and it’s GOOOOOD!
- My wishlist – Highliner Gel Eye Crayon – extreme long wear and pigment. Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl Sheer and Lust for Lacquer Lip Vinyl – only the best lipglosses I’ve ever worn in my life. Long lasting, super shiny not super sticky, and gorgeous packaging.
- Sephora’s own range of beauty – everything from tools to colour and skincare
- My wishlist – I want to check out their innovative tools and check their new brush range
- Eco-chic beauty products using products like maracuja oil and Amazonian clay
- My wishlist – I will be buying as much Maracuja Creaseless Concealer as I can get my hands on. The most amazing concealer I’ve ever used and it’s not even expensive.
Sephora Australia | my future wishlist
My wishlist is fully stocked with products from Sephora Australia’s confirmed exclusive brands. I also have a few more brands that I would have loved to see on the line up. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for the future.
These brands are:
Luxury skincare inspired by the humble grape. Utilising the antioxidant awesomeness of grape seed polyphenols, Caudalie is one of my favourite beauty brands.
My Caudalie lust list:
- I really love Caudalie Beauty Elixir – part serum, part toner, all amazing
- Caudalie Divine Oil – the most divinely scented multipurpose dry oil
- Caudalie Gentle Cleansing Milk – a gentle velvety smooth cleanser that really works
In the meantime, you can order Caudalie from Feel Unique
Beauty with an edge, with the most amazeballs range of colours. Their cult reputation is well deserved.
My Urban Decay lust list:
- Urbay Decay Naked, Naked 2 and Naked 3 palettes – no danger of mine running out any time soon but I will replace them stat!
- Urban Decay Vice 3 Palette
- Urban Decay Lip Junkie Lip Gloss
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion Anti-Ageing
In the meantime, you can order Urban Decay from Beauty Bay^
Will you be queuing up to get in on the first day?
^affiliate link – it won’t cost you any more but I may earn a small commission. Thank you! x