PHO Sizzle Threads is an independent Australian fashion label, designed in Melbourne and made in Vietnam. I love their quirky designs, but what I love more is that they have an ethical working relationship with their production seamstresses, who nominate their own terms and conditions.
I accessorised with my JORD wood watch, pop pink manicure, a mixed metal tough pretty ring stack and double-ended pearl and silver spike earrings.
A little bit TMI here – I’m PMSing like a mofo, retaining water like a camel and none of my clothes fit, plus I’m as sore and swollen as a sore and swollen thing. I really, really didn’t want to have my photos taken today.
Just quietly, I never regret my painkiller sensitivity as much as as this time of the month. But there’s good news on the horizon. In November, I’m having endometriosis surgery and a hysterectomy. A whole new life is ahead of me!
If I were younger, they’d give me options to manage the condition. If I was older, then they’d manage the condition for the short time period before menopause. However, as my family is completed and it looks like I’m a good 10 years away from the Big M, this is the best option for me. Pop the Champagne!
The gorgeous girls at Natural Supply Co are my Spring Fling partners for Pretty in Pink. Today’s photos featured the prettiest of pink blush, lipstick and nail polish, courtesy of Natural Supply Co.
How I created this Pretty in Pink makeup look
- Moisturiser, sunblock and primer – leave it to sink in and dry before applying the next layer
- Apply a light layer of liquid makeup and buff it in with a kabuki brush
- Apply a light layer of translucent powder and press it into skin with palms of hands
- Apply under eye concealer routine
- Apply contouring in stripes where you want to create shadows and buff it in with a flat kabuki
- Fill in and define brows with brow pencil and spooly brush
- Apply eyeshadow – a rosy beige matte shadow wash over the lid and applied deeply in the crease, with a pinky beige shimmer shadow on the outer edges, and a pale pink blended over the crease and inner corners, followed with a rose gold pop of colour in the middle of the lid.
- Liquid liner to define the lashes with a subtle cat’s eye flick. Start from the outer edge and press along the lashline, then draw the flick going upwards. Complete it by going over the flick going downwards. Then fill in any little gaps along your lashline with little strokes. I have long almond shaped eyes, so my flick is three quarters of the way along my lash line, not at the end of my lashes.
- Curl the lashes and add two coats of mascara
- Apply a flush of pretty pink blush. I’m wearing W3ll People Purist Luminous Mineral Blush in Luminous Rose from Natural Supply Co. I have high but short cheekbones so I keep colour away from my apples and wear it high on my actual cheekbones, angling towards my ears.
- Apply a little highlighter where you want to reflect light. For me, this is above my cupid’s bow, on the top of my forehead, right on top of my cheekbones and down the bridge of my nose.
- Finish the look with a pretty pink lippy. I’m wearing Bite Beauty Luminous Creme Lipstick in Quinta, a rosy pink.
How much fun is this nail lacquer? It is by cult Australian beauty brand, Kester Black, from Natural Supply Co. The colour is Dragonfruit. It is super glossy, highly pigmented and looks fab with just one coat. I’ve layered two coats here to intensify the colour.
Pretty in Pink | how you rocked it
Check out five of my favourites from Pretty in Pink
Meet Natural Supply Co
I discovered Natural Supply Co when they launched last year, and have been a fangirl ever since. Simply put, if you want naturally derived products for your home, your body, your baby, your pets, your hair and your face, then you need Natural Supply Co!
The baby of three good friends who couldn’t find “natural (yet delightful!) beauty, skincare and lifestyle products“, Natural Supply Co was born in 2014.
The cult brands that they are proud to stock and recommend are all cruelty free, and many of them are homegrown.
Every brand must pass the Natural Supply Co test:
- the products must harness the power of natural ingredients
- the products must be cruelty free and only tested on humans
- The manufacturing and packaging process must be environmentally conscious
Where Natural Supply Co really win girly girls like me over to the natural side is that all of their products really work. They won’t sacrifice luxury either – and thank the beauty gods for that! If they don’t love them, they don’t stock them.
I love this keeping it real philosophy! It rings a bell with me. I field loads of offers and approaches every day from companies who want access to you, the gorgeous girls who read Kimba Likes. But if I don’t think you’ll love it, or if it doesn’t offer anything of interest or value to my readers, then I’m not interested. It has to pass the Kimba Likes test. Would I buy it again? Would my readers like it?
I’m guessing you can tell that Natural Supply Co passed my test with flying (naturally derived) colours!
Now, check out (just a few) of my favourite brands and products at Natural Supply Co.
- L-R Top row – Lanolips lip and hand care, Frank Green coffee cups, Love Ludie candles, Tom Organic love-your-lady-garden prods
- 2nd row – Kester Black nail products, Dr Bronner’s skincare, W3ll People makeup, Wotnot skincare
- 3rd row – Bite Beauty lip products, Badger Balm, Murchison Hume posh cleaning products
- Bottom row – O&M Original Mineral haircare
Have you shopped at Natural Supply Co? Why not? Get on it!
Want more Kimba Likes?
Natural Supply Co kindly gifted me products for Pretty in Pink