Check it out, it’s the latest edition of Style it Project! Emma from The Illusive Femme and I adore hosting the Style it Project style challenge.
Seeing how so many different women style a similar piece is inspirational, and the whole ethos behind the Styling You Everyday Style project.
I’m flying the flag for the inbetweenie babes, by selecting our hero piece for Style it Project May from plus size brand Be Me.
I’ve styled my Be Me check shirt casually here with glittery kicks and skinnies, plus some arm party action for a little casual chic.
How to style your check shirt
- button to the neck, add a statement necklace
- wear loose over skinnies or jeggings
- wear half tucked into a pair of boyf jeans
- tuck it into a pencil skirt for the office
- retrocute it up by tucking it into a full skirt and adding a little cropped cardigan
- grunge it down by adding a beanie and lace up boots
- wear it open as a shacket
- tie it around the waist of a knit maxi dress for some cool waist definition
- print clash it with stripes or florals
Shop My Style | Style it Project
- Boohoo Kelly Tartan Check Oversized Chiffon Shirt $28 on sale | click to shop
- Be Me Rolled Sleeve Check Shirt $60 | click to shop
- Jay Jays Check Vibe Shirt $29.95 (buy one get one half price) | click to shop
- Bohemian Traders Plaid Boyfriend Shirt $119 | click to shop
- Marks & Spencer Indigo Collection Twin Pockets Caravan Checked Shirt $54 | click to shop
- Crossroads Check Shirt $29.99 on sale | click to shop
- Katies Check Wrap $49.95 | click to shop
- Katies 3/4 Sleeve Check Shirt $49.95 | click to shop
- Showpo Hardly Working Check Shirt $60 | click to shop
- Boohoo Annie Brushed Check Shirt $30 | click to shop
- Boohoo Martha Oversized Woven Check Shirt $30 | click to shop
- Boohoo Khloe Brushed Check Shirt $30 | click to shop
There is truly a check shirt for everyone here. Brushed cotton, chiffon, woven. Wrap, long line, swing. In petite to plus size, and a variety of colours, patterns and prices.
How to play along
We would just love to see how you style a check shirt. Just buy it, style it, snap it, share it! Tag @theillusivefemme @kimbalikes #StyleitProject when you share your Everyday Style photo on social media.
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
Wardrobe Wednesday rules:
- post any style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- your post doesn’t need to be published on a Wednesday. Who doesn’t love some alliteration after all?
- I would just love it if you would share the love by commenting, pinning, sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
- if you like, you can add the linkup to your post too – just grab the code
- Grab the Wardrobe Wednesday button code
- Check out the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Pinterest board
[inlinkz_linkup id=628120 mode=1]
PS – if you thought this post was a little bit late, I have an excellent excuse. I’ve been super duper busy over the last few days putting the finishing touches on my latest venture, my Kimba Likes Styling business! Read more about it here
Liked this post and want to read more?
click here to get new posts in your inbox
click here to get my newsletter every week
this post contains some affiliate links