Now it’s time to introduce you to our key style for Style it Project March.
We have selected a pair of lace up flats (also known as gillie flats) for Style it Project March. This style is based on the traditional ghillie or gillie shoes – soft leather lace up shoes worn for Irish, Scottish and Highland dancing which lace up across the foot and are tied around the ankle.
Our hero piece is the Tiffy Lace Up Flats from Target. They’re $35, leather lined and are available in sizes 6 to 11. In classic black or chic snakeskin print.
You can join in the styling fun with a similar pair. Check out some more gillie flats I found for you.
Shop My Style | Gillie Flats
- StyleTread | Billini Sapphire Nude Suede $69.95 (also available in black suede) | click to shop
- StyleTread | Therapy Ezard Black $59.95 (available in Smooth or Suede) | click to shop
- Target | Tiffy Lace Up Flats $35 (available in Snake or Black) | click to shop
- Rubi | Rivet Lace Up $29.95 (available in Nude or Black) | click to shop
- StyleTread | Top End Connex $169.95 (available in Nude suede or Black leather) | click to shop
Have you played along with me for Style it Project before? Here’s a little run down. We choose a piece, invite you to buy it, style it, wear it, snap it and share it!
The pieces are affordable and work back with existing wardrobe pieces. We choose a hero piece, but you can play along with a similar piece you already own.
The idea behind Style it Project ties in with that of Nikki from Styling You‘s #everydaystyle. I love that women of any size can play along, and we get to see what normal, everyday women look like. So often, we just don’t get to see people like us in mainstream media.
Are you putting your best foot forward and joining Emma and me this month?