I’m a little bit excited that it is August. It’s not only my birthday month but it is time for the latest Style it Project!
A piece slightly out of the ordinary. A piece that may push a few comfort levels. A piece that could be classed as one of the new neutrals.
A piece that just screams casual chic – the Mix Apparel Skinny Camo Cargo Pants. A bargain at $29 in a range of sizes from 6 to 18 and available online or at selected Coles supermarkets.
I’m sharing how I wore my Mix Apparel Skinny Camo Cargo Pants for a casual day attending a school function and running some errands.
A pop of colour from my Rollie mustard flats, yellow Swarovski crystal & enamel bow studs and Mimco watch completes my look.
Friday 1 August was also Jeans for Genes Day. My Country Road denim tote and DKNY denim jacket were the perfect denim accessories.
Couldn’t resist a photo next to the fabulous woven wall the kids at Boyo’s school have created for Education Week.
I’ve added my Country Road plum knitted cowl and Blue Illusion hat to keep me warm in the chilly winds that dominated the afternoon. I’ve switched my shoes to my Sterling & Hyde loafers – simply because they were closest to the door!
Tips for wearing skinny camo cargo pants
- It’s all about adding some girly glamour to a utiltarian print
- Aim for tough pretty style
- Girl it up with accessories
- Fitted and streamlined to keep it feminine
- Print clash with stripes and florals and polka dots
- Go easy on the animal prints – the prints are a little too similar
- Stick to one feature piece of camo. If teaming with khaki, really dial up the other pieces and team with heels so you don’t look like a soldier
- Team it with neutrals, soft pastels and try a pop of neon for a fun look
What to wear with your skinny camo cargo pants
- Boyfriend blazer with embellished tee and classic leather loafers
- Go casual with hi tops, denim jacket and striped T shirt
- Girl it up with a pretty blush lace top
- Team a cropped biker leather jacket with pointed stiletto heels for cocktails with the girls
- Rock a beaten up band tee worn with heeled ankle boots
- Team sparkly ballet flats with a crew neck sweatshirt
- A chambray button down shirt adds some hipster chic
- Keep it classic with leather brogues, a white shirt and a trench
- A vintage style pastel cardigan and a scarf tied as a hairbow for a retro cute look
Are you going to join Rachel and me for Style it Project August?
Style it Project | Link it
[inlinkz_linkup id=433207 mode=1]