Team Style File | 20 things about me
We are now well into Part 2 of the Autumn Style File challenge for March. And I have a confession to make. I haven’t been able to keep up blogging what I wore and the #stylefileFAVES for every day’s prompt. I really really wanted to!
But … life with invisible illness is hard work. Especially when I’ve had to change up pain medication and deal with a sinus infection. There have been a few days this month when I’ve stayed in my PJs ’til lunchtime, showered, dressed, snapped an outfit photo, and gone back inside to put my feet up.
What has helped cheer me up immensely is seeing all the gorgeous women join in and confidently share their style. Honestly, it literally makes my day. Every single day!
It has also been so fabulous seeing lots of new members join our Girl Gang! So with that in mind, I am going to do an Instagram favourite post – 10 things you might not know about Style File!
10 things you might not know about Style File
- Team Style File started in June 2014, when Rachel from Redcliffe Style and I teamed up with #WinterLuxe, where people added a touch of winter luxe (think leather, fur, plaid, tweed …) to their style for the first five days of winter. No prompts!
- We followed this in September 2014 with Spring Fling Style Challenge, where people added elements of spring style (pastels, linen, sandals, florals …) to their outfits for Spring. And so on, every new season.
- In September 2015, the lovely Rachel left the style challenges, due to work commitments. And I kicked off the first prompted style challenge! One week of Spring Fling style challenges!
- In December 2015, Sarah from She Writes joined Team Style File and we ran a 7 day challenge for Summer Style File
- We moved to 14 day challenge in June 2016 for Winter Style File. A week just wasn’t enough for you!
- In November 2016, I created a Style File instagram account to share all of the fun at @stylefileinsta
- September 2017 and Spring Style Challenge saw us expand to our first month long challenge.
- Team Style File lost Sarah to work commitments just before Autumn Style File. Thanks for the memories babe!
- Did you notice? Summer Syle File is 14 days, because December is just busy enough as it is!
- We have 22,000 + Style File posts, and it is growing every single day to help women find style inspiration by checking out the hashtags! Don’t forget to keep tagging for the whole season!
10 things you might not know about Kimba
- I’m correcting nature with my faux copper hair. I have green eyes and pale skin. Clearly I was destined to be a redhead!
- I am an expat Kiwi from the Garden City, Christchurch; home of the might Crusaders! My beautiful city has taken a beating but she is still strong and regrowing. Kia Kaha.
- We have three furbabies, Mr Grohl the mini guinea pig, and Bowie Bonbon and Lord Carrot, the Netherland dwarf . They all share the Tropage – our tropical cottage garden. It’s layered levels of palms, ferns, succulents and flaxes, where I love to garden like a granny!
- I have been a feminist since I was at primary school; before I even knew what the term was. Girl power for life.
- My favourite films are Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Sense & Sensibility and Gladiator. Don’t hate me but I also love the Twilight movies.
- I read at least 50 books every single year. Everything from classics to zombie dystopian novels to Man Booker nominees to chick lit … I will read everything!
- My first job was rolling ice creams and by the end of the summer holidays, I had one bicep bigger than the other! And I couldn’t eat ice cream for years. Fortunately (unfortunately?!), this has changed!
- I lived in a zoo from age 10 to 19. My Dad was the head keeper and we lived on site. We went to sleep with the lions roaring and the wolves howling; and couldn’t sleep when we had sleepovers. All that road noise!
- I am the oldest child, and my parents are the oldest children, and their parents were the oldest children. I married the oldest twin, but strictly speaking, he is the middle child.
- I had recently ended a long term relationship and was determined to be single for at least two years when I met the Welshman. A friend told me “Go on a date with him. It’s not like you have to get married!” Yep …
- My son is the coolest kid I know. Heart of gold, really cares about other people, and there will be no bullying on his watch. From adversity comes strength. Yep, I know that is an extra answer. But I’m extra!
Autumn Style File | how to join in
If you haven’t joined in the fun yet, check it out! I would love to welcome you.
- check the daily prompt, style your outfit, snap a picture, share and tag @stylefileinsta #AutumnStyleFile
- some of the daily prompts have their own hashtags and owners; please add those to your post
- the daily prompts are completely open to interpretation – think outside the square!
- check @stylefileinsta on Instagram the night before for the following day’s style prompt
- when our style challenge has completed, please keep tagging your autumn #OOTD posts to build a reference file for autumn style inspiration
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Wardrobe Wednesday rules
- post any recently published style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- don’t just post and run – that’s not cool
- say hello in the comments – I’d love to know more about you and your blog
- share the love by commenting, pinning or sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
Liked this post and want to read more?
click here to get new posts in your inbox
let’s have a chat on Facebook
check out my life in pictures on Instagram
get pinspired on Pinterest with me
this post contains some affiliate links