Birdsnest Changeroom Experience
I’m sure you’ve heard of Birdsnest, right? A little shop started in Cooma by Jane Cay, a commerce grad with an interest in e-business who fell in love with a farmer and made a tree change.
Jane says she gets to live in the slow lane (a 130km round trip to pop to the shop for a pint of milk!) but work in the fast lane. The online shopping super highway!
Birdsnest opened for business in late 2008 and has doubled in size every year, employing more than 100 “birds”, so you know they’re doing something right. Every customer receives a beautifully wrapped package with a handwritten note, for example. We love that! A personal touch in an increasingly impersonal world.
Completing your Style Profile gives you Birdsnest style recommendations; plus when you are looking at an item, you can easily check the measurements against yours and use the styling guide to help you make a decision. I cannot tell you how much I love this!
The latest venture from Birdsnest is the Birdsnest Changeroom experience. For just $9.95, you can upgrade your order to the Birdsnest Changeroom. This enables you to choose up to $1,000 of fabulous Birdsnest goodies, try them on at home, and send back the ones you don’t love.
It’s such a fabulous way to shop, taking the worry about returns right out of the equation. Not sure what size to buy? Easy, just add two different sizes to your cart. Not sure if a pink or blue top would be better with that skirt you’ve got at home? Choose both and try them on at home. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!
The lovely people from Birdsnest asked me if I’d like to experience Birdsnest Changeroom, and gifted me with a voucher. I just know you’ll love it too so I’m super excited to share it with you!
my Birdsnest Changeroom picks
That is a lot of loveliness for under $1,000, don’t you think? I selected five dresses, two tops, one pair of pants and two jumpsuits. I selected the same patterns in different styles, a similar style in different patterns and fabric, dresses in styles I’ve wanted to try but wasn’t sure about, and a couple of tops to mix and match with my existing wardrobe.
- I decided to return the pretty pink Katie drape dress, as it is more of a special occasion piece.
- I loved the pink Walking on Clouds top but the colour wasn’t right. I’m going to order this in another colour!
- The green Boom Shankar Deeta jumpsuit is fabulous but I preferred the pink pattern and the cotton fabric over the jersey.
- The Betty Basics striped tank was the wrong shape for my EnormoBoobs
- The fabulous Boom Shankar pinafore is divine and I truly loved it, but a girl has to make a decision and I reluctantly sent this one back, thinking I would wear the pants more often.
- The Lazybones Gabriella fit & flare was lovely but I have similar dresses in my wardrobe
- The handpicked by Birds off the shoulder dress was too big but just divine
Are you a Birdsnest Girl like me? Have you tried the Birdsnest Changeroom?
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
Wardrobe Wednesday rules
- post any style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- your post doesn’t need to be published on a Wednesday. Who doesn’t love some alliteration after all?
- I would just love it if you would share the love by commenting, pinning, sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
- Grab the Wardrobe Wednesday button code
- Check out the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Pinterest board