I recently debuted my first pair of flared jeans since the early noughties. It took quite a bit of getting used to! I’m wearing Next Couture Flared Jeans.
One of the major adjustments from wearing skinny jeans to wearing flared jeans was dealing with the top issue and balance. I usually team my skinnies with an oversized or voluminous top. Wearing flared jeans can flip that upside down! I selected a geometric printed long line tank (tags removed opshop find), teamed with a vintage silk coffee and black kimono. I lengthened my torso with the long tank. The black lapels and voluminous sleeves of the kimono work to draw my waist in.
I used my own tips to find the best shoes for flared jeans. I went with a Cuban heeled tan ankle boot, purchased from Target last year.
I accessorised with pretty sterling silver heart earrings by Robert Young, a resin necklace by Kenzie Accessories, blue and white china-patterned Fitbit band, Mimco watch, and a mixed metallic and crystals arm party.
My coral leather Witchery crossbody bag has multiple pockets and tassels – she’s the perfect travel companion. Worn bandolier-style for sightseeing and carried as a clutch for nights out. Plus did I mention tassels?
Shop My Style | Flared Jeans
If your heart beats a little faster at the thought of rocking a pair of flares this season, then you’ll love my picks. Everything from a faded 70s style to perfectly worn in rock chic style to classy dark denim, just perfect for teaming with a heel and a blazer.
Personally, I think the images for jeans Number 7 and Number 2 are styled for the online shopping boutiques and catalogues – to show off the flare of the jean. They’re not styled for wear – the legs are too short for the shoes they’ve been paired with. Click here to read my guide to pairing shoes and flared jeans for the most flattering look.
- Rollas Eastcoast Flare in Faded Bondi $129.95 | original 70s glam | click to shop
- Next Couture Flares $48 | contains Lycra for excellent shape retention (as modelled by moi) | click to shop
- Lift, Slim & Shape Dark Blue Flare Jeans $78 | let your jeans do the figure work for you! | click to shop
- Noisy May Amy Flared Jeans $68.60 | mid rise skinny flare cut in black denim | click to shop
- Northmore Denim Flared Jeans with Ripped Knees $41.16 reduced from $68.60 | true rock chic for rock chicks | click to shop
- Mango Midwash Flare Jeans $78.38 | stretch cotton denim with a high rise waist in a classic wash | click to shop
- Mavi Sheena High-Rise Flare Jean in Midnight Gold Reform $149.95 | I think that means dark blue. These are the perfect dressy casual flared jeans | click to shop
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. Plus I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
[inlinkz_linkup id=508995 mode=1]