brought to you by Rasaleela
Do you love a good day dress? Adore a party frock? Love ethically produced fashion? Keen on not looking the same as everyone else? Meet Rasaleela!
Rasaleela translates to “The Essence of the Ritual”. This imbues the magic of dressing in beautiful, ethically produced clothing, as Rasaleela says.
Let’s discover more about Rasaleela and their beautiful designs.
- The label was born in 2002 by Trish Louey after her return from living in India, when she noticed a gap in high quality unique ethnic inspired clothing.
- Rasaleela is designed in Australia, and the unique prints, from vintage-inspired to ethnic designs, are inspired by Trish’s extensive worldwide travel.
- The shapes and styles are designed to make any woman, regardless of shape, size or age, feel fabulous.
- Breathable and durable fabrics such as Indian cambric cottons and voile, Japanese prints and Thai hand-woven cotton feel as good as they look
- Rasaleela have a quality assurance program, checking all production stages to ensure high quality clothing that will last the test of time
- You can feel reassured by Rasaleela’s commitment to their ethical values. They work with family-based companies who offer safe working conditions and good pay. You can be sure there are no sweatshop conditions nor child workers involved.
- The ethical values continue by using traditional artisan techniques, enabling villagers to continue their practices of centuries’ duration
- Rasaleela provides financial support to the Fior DiLoto foundation in Rajasthan, providing education to girls who would otherwise not be educated, and conducts social welfare programs
I love that Rasaleela states that their “number one priority is to produce individual ethical fashion with a conscience”.
I feel beautiful wearing Rasaleela, knowing the provenance of the beautiful dresses kindly gifted to me.
wearing Rasaleela Astrid Wrap Dress
The Astrid wrap dress is just so easy to wear! The gorgeous fabric feels so comfortable on my skin. Yes, even on a super hot and steamy day.
As an EnormoBoobs girl, there is ample room for my ample bust. The skirt is cut on a circle, creating a dramatic flair and flattering fit. I’m wearing an L (size 14) in this style.
The generous overlap of the wrap dress meant I didn’t have to worry about keeping myself nice – no chance of accidentally flashing anyone.
The piping detail of the waistband and V neck helps to define my figure. I adore a wrap dress for the ease of fit, but sometimes feel a little blocky in them. The Rasaleela Astrid wrap dress has a perfectly placed waist band that sits at my natural waist, not under my bust.
The piping, along with the cap sleeves and full skirt, further serves to make my waist look much smaller than it actually is! Don’t we love that!
wearing Rasaleela Polly Midi Dress
I wore the Rasaleela Polly dress for a barbecue with friends on a sticky hot Saturday and it was fabulous!
I pushed myself out of my comfort zone to wear a more fitted style with a drop waist, and I’m so glad I did.
Polly has a unique halter-neck design, a wide shirred back waist section and a flamenco frill for an uber flattering fit.
Cut from an original 70s pattern, the Polly dress has generous sizing. I’m wearing a size M-L (12-14) here.
I felt sexy in this dress, proving that sexy dressing isn’t about flashing flesh, which can be deeply unsexy! The bust darts and shirred back creates a flattering look for my EnormoBoobs. On a smaller bust, the dress would create an equally flattering cowl neck look.
The fitted drop waist section hugged my figure in a most flattering way. There’s a c-section Mummy Tummy hidden under there, believe it or not!
To finish the fabulous 70s vibe, a va va voom deep ruffle gives a flamenco flair to this beautiful summer frock.
Please pop on over to Love That Print where you can shop up a storm with beautiful style-with-a-conscience pieces for your wardrobe.
These dresses are fabulous for day, and perfect for the Christmas party season too. The timeless style means they will never go out of style. We love that!
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
Wardrobe Wednesday rules
- post any style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- your post doesn’t need to be published on a Wednesday. Who doesn’t love some alliteration after all?
- I would just love it if you would share the love by commenting, pinning, sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
- Grab the Wardrobe Wednesday button code
- Check out the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Pinterest board