True to the shared ethos of both Kelly and Kimba, Wardrobe Wednesday is likely to feature several thrifted and opshopped bargain buys. Come and join in the fun!
What I Wore
Just before we headed off to our LA holiday, I had a day of running errands. The outfit choice had to be comfortable with walkable shoes, but there’s something about going into the city that makes me feel I need to dress up a little. I think it dates from the special days out with my mother to visit Santa at Farmers with my brothers. I always, always had a pink milkshake in the tearooms.
No pink milkshake for me today – I treated myself to a Max Brenner Italian Thick Milk Hot Chocolate. I had an hour to fill in as my alterationist had, ahem, forgotten to alter and mend my items – the whole reason for my trip into the city.
The silver lining was bumping into a dear friend in the city, on a day’s shopping trip with her visiting English mother. So lovely!
The comfortable outfit was built around a pair of boyfriend jeans – a thrifted pair of Mavi White Edges, held up by a classic punched chocolate leather belt. I broke my own rules by teaming a loose tee with loose jeans, tucking the tee into one side of my jeans. It’s warm enough to wear my beloved Mox flats again – this time in Sherbet.
A long rose gold tassel necklace from Sterling & Hyde, and a ridiculously girlie Alannah Hill hair slide glammed up my look, with a punch of colour from a yellow silk Alexander McQueen skull print scarf.
My concession to dressing up a little was to carry my birthday gift from a couple of the Gorgeous Girls, my lovely Sterling & Hyde Robin lady bag in Tan. I think it is so gorgeous that it more than makes up for my men’s jeans, don’t you?
Shop My Style
- Stuck in the Lift Clip by Alannah Hill | $39 | no one does girlie chic quite like Ms Hill | click here to purchase
- Robin Tan lady by by Sterling & Hyde | $279.95 | oh so gorgeous | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Rubber flats in Sherbet by Mox | $39.95 | the ladylike version of rubber thongs |click here to purchase
- Roll Cuff Boyfriend Jeans from Target | $39 | click here to purchase
- Roll Cuff Stripe Tee by Sussan | $49.95 | click here to purchase
- Classic Silk Chiffon Skull Scarf by Alexander McQueen | $295 | click here to purchase
- Harlequin watch in Silver Lime by Mimco Timepeace | $179 | click here to purchase
- Tassel Pendant by Juicy Couture from Shopbop | reduced to $69.70 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Mavi White Edge jeans – thrifted from Vinnies Rozelle
- Sussan navy striped tee – purchased from Sussan
- Alexander McQueen silk scarf – purchased from a vintage boutique
- Jalebee Diamante watch in Lemon by Mimco Timepeace – purchased from Mimco outlet using Mimcollective birthday voucher
- Alannah Hill hair slide in berry – purchased from Alannah Hill outlet centre
- FCUK leather belt – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle
- Mox flats in Sherbet – purchased from Mox
- Robin ladybag in Tan by Sterling & Hyde – birthday gift from some of the Gorgeous Girls
- Rose Gold Tassel necklace – purchased from Sterling & Hyde
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Photographs copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Images sourced from Alannah Hill, Glassons, Sussan, Alexander McQueen, Mimco, Mox, Sterling & Hyde, Shopbop
- Wardrobe Wednesday image from Kiwi Womens Style
- Images edited by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey and Polyvore
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.