True to the shared ethos of both Kelly and Kimba, Wardrobe Wednesday is likely to feature several thrifted and opshopped bargain buys. Come and join in the fun!
What I Wore
Boyfriend jeans are one of the most comfortable yet least flattering pieces in my wardrobe. I refuse to wear tracksuit pants in public – Lorna Jane Flashdance Pants for doing the Bay Walk just don’t count!
Before I got on board the printed pants bandwagon, boyfriend jeans were my go to comfy casual. I had a terrible time buying boyfriend jeans, so I put my op shopper hat on and found myself actual boyfriend jeans. Yup, men’s jeans. Click here for a guide on how to peg your boyfriend jeans.
Another solution to finding the perfect boyfriend jeans is what I like to call boyfriend skinnies. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Just find yourself a pair of mid rise skinnies two or three sizes too big. They’ll be perfectly too big around the waist, so will pull in very well with a leather belt. They’ll have the boyfriend jean vibe by fitting loosely through the thighs. Unlike men’s jeans worn as boyfriend jeans, though, they won’t be too saggy baggy around the ankle. Just belt ’em in and roll ’em up and you’re good to go.
I’m wearing thrifted Country Road coated denim skinnies teamed with an oversized striped tee from Sussan and a studded khaki leather belt from Marcs. Adding some girliness is my ridiculously pretty Alannah Hill pink hairbow, a thrifted vintage faux pearl necklace with gold plated bow, and my Messina Wedges from Target. A man style Mimco Sportiva watch in Sapphire and sterling silver bangles from Tiffany & Co and Mimco complete my look.
Shop My Style
1. Stitch Grosgrain Tri Bow Clip in Red by Goody Gumdrops from The Iconic | reduced to $6.97 from $9.95 | click here to purchase
2. Single Studded Skinny Belt in Taupe by 1&20 Blackbirds from The Iconic | reduced to $5.09 from $16.95 | click here to purchase
3. City Dressing Messina Wedges in Coral from Target | $40 | click here to purchase
4. Striped Scoop Neck Tee from Glassons | $24.95 | click here to purchase
5. Engineered Skinny Jeans from Glassons | reduced to $29.99 from $59.99 | click here to purchase
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Sussan tee – purchased from Sussan on sale
- Country Road coated skinnies – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle
- Alannah Hill hairbow – purchased from Alannah Hill Birkenhead Point
- Marcs khaki studded leather belt – purchased from Marcs Outlet Alexandria
- Vintage faux pearl necklace – thrifted from Lifeline Vintage Manly
- Messina Coral Wedge Sandals – gifted from Target | Official Target Blogger
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Photographs copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Images sourced from The Iconic, Glassons, Target
- Wardrobe Wednesday image from Kiwi Womens Style
- Images edited by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.