True to the shared ethos of both Kelly and Kimba, Wardrobe Wednesday is likely to feature several thrifted and opshopped bargain buys. Come and join in the fun!
What I Wore
I just love this gorgeously handmade and uber flattering dress by The Raisin Did It. It is called the Collage Dress, and you can see why, with the beautiful array of patterned fabrics collaged together.
It has a self fabric tie on the waist so it can be adjusted to fit by pulling the waist in. Maybe it is just me, but I have a personal dislike of dresses and tops that tie in the back. They make me feel like Heidi and whilst I’m definitely not too old for hairbows (don’t tell me if I am – I just don’t want to know!), I do feel that I’m too old for bows that tie in the back. How I get around this is either by tying the fabric belt and then whacking a wide leather waist belt over the top. Alternatively, I do what I’ve done here, and bring the fabric belt around to tie it in the front. I think it’s more flattering for big boobs and a square waist too.
As we head into Spring, Sydney has decided to get a bit cooler again. This weather thing is very confusing. The solution is to dress in layers.
I’m wearing the Collage Dress over a pair of ink navy skinny cords by Brown Sugar, and a gorgeous thrifted Marni chunky knit cardigan with contrasting buttons. I’ve added some tough pretty with my Drew Cut Out ankle boots from Target. I’ve amped up the pretty with my lovely Ashloc Designs Orange Juice at Tiffany’s custom designed necklace.
Shop My Style
1. Cropped Chunky Knit Jumper in Watermelon from Glassons | reduced to $20 from $49.99 | click here to purchase
2. Coloured Tube Leg Skinny Jeans in Dark Blue Wash from Glassons | reduced to $25 from $39.99 | click here to purchase
3. Collage Dress by The Raisin Did It | click here to purchase
4. Drew Ankle Boots from Target | $55 | click here to purchase
5. Orange Juice at Tiffany’s clay cube and sterling silver necklace by Ashloc Designs | $26 | click here to purchase
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- The Raisin Did It Collage Dress – purchased on sale from The Raisin Did It
- Brown Sugar Skinny Cords – gifted from Brown Sugar
- Marni cardigan – thrifted from eBay
- Orange Juice at Tiffany’s necklace – gifted from Ashloc Designs
- Drew Cut Out Ankle Boots – gifted from Target | Official Target Blogger
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Photographs copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Images sourced from The Raisin Did It, Glassons, Ashloc Designs, Target
- Wardrobe Wednesday image from Kiwi Womens Style
- Images edited by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.