A cropped leather jacket is so on trend this season and is a great way to look cool and stay warm all at the same time! It is all about Cool Chic.
What I Wore:
From the ground up, here’s what I wore for a family day running errands, lunch and a movie. Ankle boots are kicking it for me this winter, and I’m loving these Alton Stud ankle boots from Target. I’m keeping it warm with moss green opaque leggings from Flower Clothing, and adding some rock chick chic with a Decjuba Highway Panelled skirt, in stretchy ponte with leatherette panels.
I’ve layered a brand new thrifted T Rack sequin tank in charcoal over a thrifted Ginger & Smart cashmere knit, and added a green silk and velvet panelled scarf to work back with the moss green leggings. Love an unexpected pop of colour in an outfit. The sequin tank? Well, it was Sparkles for Fox in Flats Style Dare a Day. Nothing says sparkles like sequins!
The hero piece of the outfit is the fantastic Quilt Jacket by Embellished from Fashionista Depot. As it is leatherette, it is nice and light to wear but also nice and warm. The chic caramel colour is incredibly versatile. It can be teamed with jeans and a tunic for a running around day, a pencil skirt and a fitted knit for the office, and even out for dinner over a gorgeous dress, just to name a few options.
The Quilt Jacket has a very flattering waisted design. The shoulder detail, with the quilted leatherette, contributes to a visual illusion trick. The effect of a slightly wider shoulder combined with a nipped in waist tricks the eye into seeing an hourglass figure.
What’s your go to piece for Cool Chic? Are you lucky enough to have an hourglass figure that doesn’t need magic tricks?
I’ve announced the winner, winner, chicken dinner of my Fashionista Depot giveaway! Is it you? Thank you all so much for entering!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Embellished Quilt Jacket – gifted from Fashionista Depot (RRP $89. Fashionista Depot’s price $38).
- Ginger & Smart cashmere knit – thrifted from Vinnies Rozelle
- T Rack sequin tank – thrifted from U Turn Rozelle
- Green silk and velvet scarf – thrifted from Rozelle Markets
- Moss green opaque leggings – purchased from Flower Clothing (I can’t find the green ones on site sorry)
- Decjuba Highway Panelled Skirt – purchased from The Iconic
- Alton Stud ankle boots – purchased from Target (sadly sold out but try these Jules Brown ankle boots by Urge on sale at Style Tread)
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Images created by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
- Product images from FashionistaDepot.com.au
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- I was gifted with a shopping voucher in exchange for this post, as well as $100 voucher for a reader giveaway
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.