Welcome to a new post series on Kimba Likes! I’m joining up with Kelly at Kiwi Womens Style for Wardrobe Wednesday, where I’ll feature a What I Wore post. True to the shared ethos of both Kelly and Kimba, it is likely to feature several thrifted and opshopped bargain buys. Come and join in the fun!
What I Wore
What I wore on a gorgeously sunny Sydney winter’s day, was one of my staple winter uniforms. Ankle boots, ponte leggings and a sweater dress, topped off with a knitted hat.
I love a neck party – the guest of honour for this neck party is my Her Fashion Box statement necklace from the July Feminine collection, featuring a delicate double layer chain with bird skull and embellished feather pendant charms. It works back beautifully with some of my favourite pieces.
This outfit has it all for a busy day running errands and doing the fadmin. Comfortable yet warm and flattering to boot. Ankle boot that is. I’ve only worn my former winter BFFs, knee high riding boots, once this season. It’s all about the ankle boot. The high stacked heel is walkable and stylish – that rare combination inspired by the fabulous Acne Pistols of fashion legend. My tan version are the Alton Stud boot from Target.
Leather trimmed ponte leggings are a garment of magical properties – the panelling visually slims the leg, the leather adds an edge and the ponte fabric sucks everything in. Abracadabra! I have these Country Road leather trimmed panel pants in three different colours, so much do I love them! I picked up my latte and black versions from the fabulous Red Cross Rozelle, and couldn’t resist the navy from last year’s winter clearance sale.
A merino sweater dress in a winter berry tone is long enough to prevent me committing my number one fashion sin – mistaking leggings for pants! The twist detail in the front is flattering and curve enhancing. Who doesn’t love that! This is an old favourite from Ezibuy in New Zealand merino wool.
I added a ridiculously cute winter knitted hat – perfect for days when you really want to get one more day out of your ‘do, plus keep you lovely and warm. This hat was very kindly gifted to me by Her Fashion Box as part of the July Feminine Fashion Box. Such a fun way to try out new fashion and beauty trends every month!
Shop My Style
Great Ponte & Faux Leather Mix Leggings by Shilla from The Iconic | $79.95 | Click here to purchase
Belted Merino Cardigan by Glassons | Reduced to $30.00 from $59.99 | Click here to purchase
Chunky Cable Knit Beanie by Glassons | $16.99 | Click here to purchase
Onset Tan Ankle Boots by Naturaliser from Style Tread | Reduced to $84.98 from $169.95 | Click here to purchase
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Alton Stud Ankle Boots – purchased from Target
- Leather Panelled Ponte Pants – purchased from Country Road
- Capture Merino sweater dress – purchased from Ezibuy
- Her Fashion Box beanie from the July Feminine collection – gifted by Her Fashion Box
- Her Fashion Box statement necklace from the July Feminine collection – gifted by Her Fashion Box
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Photographs copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Images sourced from Glassons, Style Tread and The Iconic
- Images edited by Kim-Marie Williams using PicMonkey
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.