Every Saturday it is my sleep in day, and the Welshman has his sleep in on Sundays. Works a treat. Sometimes we even get inspired and make breakfast in bed.
This morning, I could smell eggs cooking and came down early, only to be ushered back to bed to await a very exciting breakfast in bed treat. It was … wait for it … build the suspense a bit more … METEOR SHOWERS!
The egg yolk and the egg white from a fried egg was the sun and clouds. A chopped up omelet represented meteor showers. The piece de resistance was a mini Time Out chocolate bar serving double time as a rocket ship. As you do.
A cup of tea was also delivered to me, and the Welshman and Boyo exited the room, bowing as they went, to leave me to enjoy my special breakfast, reclining in splendour.
It was absolutely delicious. Should you feel the urge to treat your beloved one day with a plate of Meteor Showers, fear not, for Boyo and the Welshman have written down the recipe. I present it for you, word for word.
- Frying pan
- Chocolate bar
If you follow these steps, you will have a delicious breakfast.
- Break eggs into bowl and beat lightly with fork
- Melt butter in frying pan
- Add eggs in one thin layer
- When eggs are cooked, remove from pan with spatula. Put on to plate
- Cut eggs into shapes
- Cook another egg – fried over easy. Remove from pan
- Separate white from yolk
- Cut white into clouds; yolk as sun
- Use sun and clouds on plate to complete picture and chocolate bar for spaceship
- Enjoy your meal
I couldn’t love this little chap any more than I already do. Such a dude. x