The Welshman and I recently celebrated our 13th wedding anniversary on Star Wars Day.
You guessed it! We are such total Star Wars geeks that we got married on May the Fourth be with you. Well, we do like Star Wars, but not so much that it affected our wedding date decision.
I didn’t wear a pair of sticky buns on the side of my head either. I know right. What a spoilsport!
We went to the Sydney Opera House for the Sydney Comedy Festival Gala. A predictably hilarious two hour show, made up of lots of short sets from local and international comedians. Very ably MC’d by Tom Gleeson – a very funny man.
Going to see some comedy was a fabulous way to celebrate 13 lucky years of love and laughter, don’t you think?
Please excuse the dodgiest photos ever seen. Lighting was somewhat of an issue!
I wanted to look put together with a twist, and, as always, comfort was a priority. I had an unfortunate slip-and-fall in the Blue Mountains on Sunday, so I had pulled muscles, a grazed knee and bruising. Honestly, I’m such a klutz.
I teamed my early Mother’s Day present, a lovely classic belted mac from Boohoo, with a pretty floral shift dress and faux leather leggings from James & Co. They’ve got a high waist that sucks you in beautifully and they’re on sale, in limited sizes, for $10! Click here for James & Co Lara Faux Leather Leggings
The very pretty shift dress was a gift from the lovely Jo at iCurvy. She had an amazing closet clearance sale, but wouldn’t let me pay. I hope she enjoys the parcel on its way to her. Surprise!
I accessorised with Senso Liv II ankle boots, Jet Empire Jewellery silver and pearl earrings, and an Oroton black leather trimmed logo-printed mini bag. Of course, I wore my wedding and engagement rings too.
I love the tough pretty vibe of this outfit, with the classic shapes of the floral shift dress and belted mac, teamed with the faux leather leggings and pointed toe textured leather ankle boots.
Shop My Style | Date Night
- Boohoo Louisa Floral Curved Hem Shift Dress $30 | available in Grey, Pink, Blue and Lime and sizes 8-16 | click to shop
- Boohoo Amelia Geo Shift Dress $30 | available in Multi and Red and sizes 8-18 | click to shop
- Boohoo Eliza Matte Black Leather Look Leggings $16 | sizes S/M and M/L | click to shop
- Boohoo Yazmeen Belted Mac $60 | only size 8 left in Khaki | sizes 10, 14, 16 in Pink | click to shop
- Top End Gig Black $189.95 | adore the geo textured leather, the pointed toe and low stacked heel | click to shop
- Colette Hayman Sarah Side Metal Bag $39.95 | click here for more mini bags | click to shop
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. Plus I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
[inlinkz_linkup id=523139 mode=1]