DIY Spa Day for Mother’s Day featuring gifted products from Lush Cosmetics, Natura Siberica, Rosehip Plus, Hand Chemistry and Honeydew & Violet
Want to really pamper your mother for Mother’s Day? Or, ahem, be pampered yourself? Might I suggest sharing this with the person responsible for creating a special Mother’s Day experience for you.
I’m sharing my tips for creating a gorgeous DIY spa day at home.
How to create a DIY spa day for Mother’s Day
breakfast in bed
- Firstly, deliver her breakfast in bed. Whilst she’s enjoying her meal in peace, clean the bathroom thoroughly so she can truly relax.
- Decorate with fresh flowers, a deliciously scented candle and gorgeous fluffy towels. Do make sure you put some Champagne on ice.
- Involve the kids – they can help with breakfast, delivering treats, and decorating. They could create a spa menu and breakfast menu. Just make sure Mum doesn’t have to clean up the craft mess!
DIY Spa Day
- Start the spa experience with a luxe robe and slippers for Mum
- Make her a delicious pot of herbal tea to relax with whilst she soaks her tootsies.
- No fancy foot spa needed – a clean bucket filled with warm water, Natura Siberica bath salts and Natura Siberica Oblepikha & Honey body scrub will do the trick. Perhaps followed by an enthusiastic kid foot massage?
- Once Mum has finished her foot spa, she can enter the sanctuary of her bathroom with a freshly drawn bath. A Lush Limited Edition Mother’s Day bath bomb will add the perfect touch of indulgence, and a Honeydew & Violet candle will add to the ambience.
- Applying a Natura Siberica Oblepikha hair masque whilst floating peacefully in the bath is a great way to multitask – it’s a mum thing.
- Next up, Mum can pop into the shower to exfoliate head to toe and lather up with a lovely Lush Yummy Mummy shower cream
- Once she’s dried off, moisturised with Natura Siberica Oblepikha body butter and foot cream, and wrapped up in robe and slippers again, it’s time for a DIY facial.
- Gently exfoliate the skin, and then treat your skin to some luxurious skin loving products. I like RosehipPLUS rosehip oil and A’kin Purely Revitalising range. Both gentle but effective on my skin.
- Manicure and pedicure time – click here for my manicure tips. Try the pocket pleasing super pretty shades from Colour Theory Nordic Light collection.
- Whilst Mum is relaxing and waiting for her polish to dry, give her a glass of Champagne – or two.
In your DIY Spa Day for Mum, the biggest gift is actually the time to sit still long enough for a hair masque to take effect, to eat breakfast in peace and for the nail polish to dry! Oh, and drink that Champagne that was handily put on ice earlier.
Once Mum has enjoyed her relaxing time, and is just gorgeously smooth, deliciously scented and luxuriously relaxed, she will need feeding!
You can create a gorgeous high tea experience at home, out for a posh lunch at a fancypants restaurant, or take her to the beach with the kids for fish & chips. Whatever floats her boat!
DIY Spa Day goodies
Check out some of the goodies that I’ve put together to create a DIY Spa Day.
- Lush Cosmetics – gorgeous handmade cosmetics and so deliciously scented!
- Hand Chemistry – the best hand cream I think I’ve ever used
- Colour Theory – very good value colour cosmetics available from Amcal
- A’kin Purely Revitalising range – naturally-based anti-ageing skincare products
- RosehipPLUS – rosehip oil in a massaging roller ball applicator
- Natura Siberica – organic skincare born in Siberia. I live for the Oplepikha & Honey body scrub!
Honeydew & Violet scented candles
You just can’t have a DIY spa day without scented candles!
Honeydew & Violet, the designer of my favourite Organic Halo bangle (a little love letter I wear on my wrist every day) have teamed up with boutique chandler Tiare & Twig to create delightfully scented soy wax candles.
Blended with love and care in country WA, these lovely candles have 25 hours burn time and are presented in a retro brushed silver travel tin.
You’re My Honeydew
- It’s like brunch with your love on a breezy Sunday.
- A sweet succulent scent of organic Honeydew Melon, teamed with a light vanilla, & a burst of fresh cucumber.
Not So Vintage Violet
- Nothing but fresh, sweet violets. A classic scent that will never grow old.
- Reminiscent of my Grandmother’s favourite perfume, it’s an iconic scent that transports me back to my childhood days. I’ll never forget the gentle, sweet scent of Yardley’s April Violets.
$16.95 each or a duo for $29.95
Check out my Instagram for a chance to win a set!
Would you love a DIY spa day this Mother’s Day?
Wardrobe Wednesday | Join the Glam Squad
Welcome to Wardrobe Wednesday! I’m Kimba, your Glam Squad Hostess with the Mostest. Please link up a style and beauty post and let’s get this party started!
Some comment love for other Glam Squad members would be much appreciated. I have this little rule when I’m reading blogs. If I’ve read it, and I liked it, I share it! Simples! All about sharing the love.
Wardrobe Wednesday rules:
- post any style-related post you like – style, beauty, what I wore, shopping tips, how to …
- please link just one blog post per person
- your post doesn’t need to be published on a Wednesday. Who doesn’t love some alliteration after all?
- I would just love it if you would share the love by commenting, pinning, sharing other linkers’ posts
- you’re very welcome to add the Wardrobe Wednesday button to your post or sidebar
- if you like, you can add the linkup to your post too – just grab the code
- Grab the Wardrobe Wednesday button code
- Check out the Kimba Likes Wardrobe Wednesday Pinterest board
[inlinkz_linkup id=630229 mode=1]
Liked this post and want to read more?
click here to get new posts in your inbox
click here to get my newsletter every week
this post contains some affiliate links and gifted products