my everyday makeup essentials
Like many women, and 99.99% of beauty bloggers, I have many shades of lipstick and blush and eyeshadow.
I also have multiples of pretty much every other beauty product you can imagine too. They’re just so pretty!
Every day, I reach for a different lip colour, and like to play with different shades and formulations of eye makeup constantly. I’m always switching up my blush and contouring options too.
But I seem to constantly reach for the same everyday makeup essentials. Every single day!
my everyday makeup essentials
- Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer $63 | click to shop at Mecca Cosmetica
- Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint $81 | click to shop at Mecca Cosmetica
- Bare Minerals Invisible Translucent Powder Duo $46 | click to shop at Mecca Cosmetica
- Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara $39 | click to shop at Sephora
- Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil $42 | click to shop at Sephora
Hourglass Ambient Light Correcting Primer
- apply to clean moisturised skin with fingers or a brush (I like to use my BECCA flat foundation brush)
- perfects and corrects skin for a lit from within glow (makes me feel like Cate Blanchett)
- lightweight and oil free
- enhances makeup longevity
- available in three shades
- Mood Light – soft sheer lavender pink that imparts a rosy glow
- Luminous Light – champagne pearl to brighten the skin (my personal favourite)
- Dim Light – neutral beige for the appearance of even skin tone
Hourglass Illusion Hyaluronic Skin Tint
- more than just a foundation; it’s skincare too!
- packed full of hyaluronic acid for plumping and smoothing effects
- SPF 15
- 12 shades; I wear Shell in the winter and Warm Ivory in the height of summer. Right now, I’m mixing the two.
- medium to full coverage
- easy to layer for a more complete coverage
- a little goes a long long way
- not recommended to use with a sponge; I use my Eve Lom Powder Foundation Brush to apply and my BeautyBlender to perfect
Bare Minerals Invisible Translucent Powder Duo
- compact holds two shades – Matte and Glow
- matte to set makeup and absorb excess oil throughout the day
- The matte powder locks in under eye concealer without creasing and is a great eyeshadow prep
- glow to finish the skin with a rose gold pearl luminous glow
- The glow powder is extremely subtle on the skin. With my pale neutral skin, and let’s be honest, my lines and wrinkles, I prefer to look luminous rather than gleaming and shiny.
- I use the Dual Finish Blush & Contour Brush to apply
- sinks into the skin without a trace
- lasts incredibly well
- feels creamy and cushiony on the skin
Marc Jacobs Beauty Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara
- super luxe and super glam and worth every penny
- only three strokes required for maximum volume and impact
- super black concentrated colour
- amazing contoured brush to create the most luscious lashes from all angles
Benefit Cosmetics Goof Proof Eyebrow Pencil
- teardrop shaped pencil
- define and outline the arches with the tip and fill in the gaps
- waterproof and 12 hour wear
- windup mechanism
- double ended with spoolie to brush brows into perfection
- creamy formulation glides on smoothly
- customise your application for a basic everyday brow to full on bold brushed up brow
- 6 shades; I wear Light 02 and Medium 03
What are your go to everyday makeup essentials?
Did you know I’ve opened a fabulous pop up shop? I’ve had such fun curating my capsule collection with Philosophy Australia. Run don’t walk to nab 15% off everything in store, plus free shipping! Sharing the Easter Bunny love! Just enter code EASTERBUNNY at checkout.
What are you waiting for? Hop to it!