So when you have an accident that results in a broken hand, there are unexpected consequences. Quite apart from you know, the pain and the inability to have a shower without a plastic bag.
It seriously affects your fashion choices and even your beauty regime. Ain’t nobody got time for that.
Fashion and Beauty Tips with an arm cast | how to get dressed
- Wear soft pants that you can pull on and off with one hand
- Oversized tops and soft dresses are perfect
- Stretchy headbands, beanies and the like will save you from having to do your hair
- Buttons are not your friend
- Zippers aren’t on your Christmas card list either
- A soft bra is your new BFF. I’m in love with my Bonds Bra Tank.
- Check the width of your sleeves – try something with a stretchy cuff
- Jersey, waffle knit and oversized stretchy knit fabrics are the bomb
- Stay away from complicated suck ’em in knickers that need two hands to put on
- Now is not the time to relive your youth and rock a bodysuit
- Comfortable shoes that you can kick off easily without buckles or laces are what you need
- Ankle boots with a wide opening that you don’t need two hands to pull on
- Use an old scarf as a sling for a little instant glamour update
Fashion and Beauty Tips with an arm cast | beauty regime
- Treat yourself to a professional blowdry – showering is tricky, washing your hair is almost impossible. Styling it isn’t easy. Luckily my curls air dry beautifully.
- Dry shampoo can be sprayed onto your roots with one hand and then worked through with one hand. Totes stops you being stinky and greasy too. Awesome.
- Squirt your skincare directly onto your face and smooth into the skin with the other hand
- Apply your makeup directly to your brush before applying to your skin.
- Fliptop bottles are so much easier to use with one hand than screw top bottles
- Holding your deodorant spray can upside down means you can apply deodorant to both armpits – I’ll bet you’re trying to see if you can do it now, right?
- Skin cleansing is a breeze with micellar water – just pop a couple of cotton pads on your bathroom counter, squirt some micellar water on and cleanse your skin. Click for my Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water review.
- Double duty products like a BB Cream, tinted lip balm and lip & cheek creme come in really handy when you’re one handed yet don’t want to look like a corpse.
I’m linking with the 30+ Style & Beauty Link Up Party, hosted by that fabulous babe, Rachel from Redcliffe Style.