Kimba Likes Friday Faves
Sharing some things that caught my fancy over the week! Welcome to Friday Faves.
Friday Faves | Lush Valentines Day
I was super lucky to receive some Lush products to play with. The Valentines Day collection features limited edition versions of some Lush favourites. You can still find them in store, plus their originals.
I adore Lush! Not only are they innovative and cruelty free, they scent my entire house with that evocatively delicious fragrance. I thought they looked good enough to eat so I styled them for a lovely picnic!
click here to shop Lush
Friday Faves | Disney style
I am a sucker for Disney. I adored our trip to Disneyland for my Big Four Oh My Gods, and I love watching Disney movies. I’m also rather a fan of Disney style!
Those good people at Big W stock a fabulously fun range of Disney merchandise. I was chuffed to pick up this sweet little sundress last year. I added a Minnie Mouse twist with my According to Alana polkadot hairbow.
According to Alana is currently closed (makers gotta make!) but you can shop According to Alana at Kenzie Collective
Friday Faves | date night
February is all about sweet sweet love for the Welshman and I. Not just Valentines Day but our first date anniversary on the 12th. Because your first date on V Day is just way too much pressure!
Last weekend, we headed out for dinner at our local fave, Penny Lane Rozelle. Boyo was happy to have a night at home playing PS4 and we were more than happy to sample the updated cocktail list.
This little beauty is called Purple Rain and the marvellous colour comes from beetroot! A delicious concoction of limoncello and gin. I think I’d like another one … or three!
Friday Faves | Blue M0untains day trip
Boyo has been after a hat like his Grandpa’s for a while, so prompted by my friend Michelle and her love of hats (find her on Instagram as @michelle_peebs75), we planned a trip to The Hattery Katoomba
We decided to make a day of it and travel by train! Transport NSW used to offer Sunday Funday tickets, but now they have an Opal card Sunday capped price offer. It’s $2.60 for all day travel on Sundays on trains, buses, ferries and light rail. $2.50 if you’re a pensioner.
We jumped in the car and drove to Strathfield Station and had a leisurely two hour trip to Katoomba, arriving at about 11.30 am. We had a chat and read books, caught up on emails and played phone games. A good excuse to sit down and relax!
We stopped at The Old City Bank Bar for a pit stop and the Welshman sampled the wares of the Katoomba Brewing Company. I always love to visit The Paragon Cafe. Boyo enjoyed his all day breakfast and creaming soda spider, and I was very happy with my wander through the delightful cafe, first opened in 1916, and my delicious carrot cake.
Next stop, The Hattery where we found the perfect hat. Then we headed off via taxi, having missed the bus, to the Three Sisters. I mean, you’re in Katoomba. You have to! Absolutely stunning natural beauty.
Back to Katoomba via a sardine-tin packed bus and the Blokefolk headed back to the pub. I had a quick stop at Omnia, a sweet little gift shop, before joining them for a late lunch at the pub.
We managed to get a faster train back to Sydney, and were home before half past five. A really lovely low key day out!
Friday Faves | Osko
I am super excited that Osko has launched. Like beside myself thrilled! Very proud of the Welshman who has been involved in this amazing project that will revolutionise the way we bank.
Osko utilises PayID to quickly and easily transfer money instantly using your bank’s mobile banking app or online banking site. More than 50 financial institutions have now launched this service, and more are coming on board soon.
Just log in to your app or banking site, and set up your PayID. You can register your phone number, email address or ABN as your PayID.
Then you will have the option to instantly transfer funds, with up to 280 characters to describe the transaction. That includes emojis! And you get to see the name of the person you are paying so no worries about payments going to the wrong place.
It’s going to make some quite tricky things super easy. For example:
- your teenager calls and says they need cab money. You can instantly transfer cash so they can come home safely.
- you are at a market stall and a customer doesn’t have any cash on them. They can instantly pay so you make the sale!
- the restaurant won’t split bills. You can all pay your share to the person who footed the bill, in a flash.
- you don’t have enough money in your wallet to pay the emergency plumber. Easy, just transfer them the funds using your phone app. You have a record of the transaction too.
- you don’t need to remember BSBs and account numbers. Just an email address or phone number.
What made your Friday Faves list this week?
Welcome to #FridayFaves blog linky. It is so nice to have you here!
Friday Faves linky rules
- post a favourite post – it can be recent or an old faithful post that is still your fave
- or you can post a #FridayFaves post – a post sharing your fave things from the week, a holiday, fave movies … whatever you like!
- you could even link up a favourite post from another blogger that you have recently read and enjoyed
- please link just one blog post from your own blog
- don’t just post and run – that’s not cool
- say hello in the comments – I’d love to know more about you and your blog
- share the love by commenting, pinning or sharing other linkers’ posts
Liked this post and want to read more?
click here to get new posts in your inbox
let’s have a chat on Facebook
check out my life in pictures on Instagram
get pinspired on Pinterest with me