Friday Faves | Claire Johnson x Gorman Weeping Hearts
This week’s Friday Faves is all about the gorgeous Weeping Hearts print from the Claire Johnson x Gorman collaboration. I just love how Gorman collaborates with artists. Claire Johnson is a ceramic artist who used to work as one of the fabulous Gorman sales assistants. I love that!
I met both Lisa Gorman and Claire Johnson this week at the Claire Johnson collaboration launch. Both truly inspirational women. We all need more of those in our lives!
- Claire Johnson x Gorman Weeping Hearts shirt $169 | click to shop
- Claire Johnson x Gorman Weeping Hearts sock $16| click to shop
- Claire Johnson x Gorman Weeping Hearts stud earrings $39 | click to shop
- Claire Johnson x Gorman Medusa’s Hair hairbow $39 | click to shop
- DECJUBA Luxe Mullet Hem skirt $79.95 | click to shop
- Rubi Shoes Oxford Gusset boot $49.95 | click to shop
I’m dreaming of autumn outfits! Enough already with the unceasing heat and humidity. Bye girl!
For this fun outfit, I’ve teamed the Claire Johnson x Gorman matchy matchy Weeping Hearts shirt, socks and stud earrings with the Claire Johnson x Gorman Medusa’s Hair hairbow for an unexpected pop of colour. Love the juxtaposition of the prim bow with the tough denim.
The Gorman pieces are the show ponies, to work back with two pieces every girl should have in their wardrobes. A denim skirt and black ankle boots.
I’ve selected a step hem distressed denim pencil skirt from DECJUBA. The Luxe Mullet Hem Skirt is a modern take on the classic denim skirt. The jagged frayed hem adds interest, whilst the longer reverse keeps you nice!
Investing in classic pieces is one of the “style rules” that make sense in terms of cost per wear. But whilst black ankle boots are a style classic, styles change every year. Buying a bargain piece from Rubi is a great way to keep a toe in the trend (see what I did there) without blowing the budget.
The Oxford Gusset boot in black suedette has an almond toe, a graduated block heel, and a high vamp and tabbed ankle, with a lower elastic gusset. The hi lo look is a great way to show off a patterned sock or to flash a little flesh between a pair of pants and ankle boots.
What made your Friday Faves list this week?
Welcome to #FridayFaves blog linky. It is so nice to have you here!
Friday Faves linky rules
- post a favourite post – it can be recent or an old faithful post that is still your fave
- or you can post a #FridayFaves post – a post sharing your fave things from the week, a holiday, fave movies … whatever you like!
- you could even link up a favourite post from another blogger that you have recently read and enjoyed
- please link just one blog post from your own blog
- don’t just post and run – that’s not cool
- say hello in the comments – I’d love to know more about you and your blog
- share the love by commenting, pinning or sharing other linkers’ posts