Frocktober Day 17 was a two-frock day. Sadly, it was also the day the Sydney skies had their very own Instagram filter courtesy of incredibly strong winds and out of control bushfires. At the time of writing, there are more than 100, of which 36 are out of control, countless lost homes and possessions and dreams, but only one soul has perished. It feels terribly frivolous to be frocking on at this time.
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes.
Today’s dress is an old favourite. It’s a very pretty printed silk Vallen dress with ladylike charm, featuring a fitted bodice with a blouson layer over the top that buttons at the nape of the neck and is open to the waist from behind. I thrifted this piece from a now sadly defunct vintage clothing boutique. I’ve teamed it with my trusty Mox for a day of running errands, and a very pretty pink satin hairbow from Alannah Hill.
The evening’s dress is another silk number – a scarf print with tie shoulders from Country Road. I’ve teamed it with Mimco rose gold hoop earrings, Wittner retro cute lady heels and a rose gold Seed Femme belt. I even changed the evening’s hairbow to a merlot velvet, diamante and feather bow slide from Alannah Hill, thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle.
I had a fabulous day when I attended the media call for Grease is the Word, and later that evening, attended the premiere at the Lyric Theatre. One of the Gorgeous Girls and her Delightful Daughter joined the Welshman and me for the show, after we had a romantic pre-theatre dinner at one of The Star’s restaurants. The food was lovely, the sommelier and the wine was excellent – really, can you go wrong with Champagne with a Capital C? The service, however? Not so fab. More than made up for by the fabulous company – oh and the dessert featuring a chocolate ball topped with gold leaf, over which hot chocolate was poured to reveal mint ice cream, chocolate cookie crumble, fresh raspberries and raspberry mousse. To Die For.
Grease is the Word was just fabulous! A really fun evening out and highly recommended.
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Vallen Dress – thrifted from Cassandra’s Closet
- Sherbet flats – purchased from Mox
- Pink satin hairbow – purchased from Alannah Hill
- Scarf print dress – purchased from Country Road
- Lady heels – purchased from Wittner
- Rose gold belt – purchased from Seed Femme
- Alannah Hill merlot hairbow – thrifted from Red Cross Rozelle
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba, Rachel, Nora, Norlin
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.