It’s Frocktober Day 25 – you know what that means, don’t you? It’s Friday baby! No Mama Boyo movie-pizza date tonight – he’s off to a Halloween disco dressed as a school student zombie! This afternoon’s schedule involves ripping, dirtying and bloodying his oldest, most stained uniform, and making him up as a zombie with the aid of green, blue, white, yellow and black face paint and a little pot of special FX clotted blood.
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes. Affiliate commisions from Frocktober posts will be donated to the OCRF. Ever needed a better reason to shop?
I’m absolutely loving today’s dress. Oh, it’s just lovely! I recently became an affiliate for Dorothy Perkins – a UK chain I just love. Before I was happy to recommend them to my lovely readers, I had to make sure I was still happy with their service, quality, range and delivery by placing an order. Honestly, the things I do for you. Quick delivery, fabulous bargains, sizing as expected, huge range and fantastic quality. Mission accomplished!
Love the retro cute styling and the skater skirt design that makes me look like I’ve got an actual waist. Can’t complain about that. I’m not sure if the skirt is a little too short or whether I’m a little too old – maybe a bit of both – so I’ve layered a petticoat underneath. I rescued a silk ruffle from a ripped op shop find dress and had my alterationist sew it onto a traditional half slip. If only I had the skills to go with my ideas!
To get my four day old do through to my hair appointment, I’ve added a pop of pink prettiness with this gorgeous Kirbee Lawler Art Never Too Many Bunnies scarf. I acquired it at the Finders Keepers Markets and the Blokefolk gave it to me for my Big Four Oh My Gods. The perfect accessory for a self confessed Crazy Bunny Lady, don’t you think? Not to mention a great way to justify a purchase or three!
My back is still killing me so I’m keeping it comfortable with my lovely Emerald Mox flats, and carrying my very pretty little Banana Republic retro cute green handbag, thrifted brand new with tags still on from Goodwill La Jolla. The Americans call handbags purses – you’d think we don’t speak the same language. Even with the absolute bare minimum, my back or neck or hips can’t currently cope with the off centre weight of a shoulder bag. Thank heavens for my chiropractor. I was exceedingly sceptical until I actually went … and it worked! It’s an ongoing process however.
My usual suspects sterling silver arm party features my Mimco Precious bangle – a 40th birthday present from the Welshman and my Tiffany & Co Elsa Peretti bangle – a 30th birthday gift from the Welshman. I’ve added a delicate sterling silver Infinity bracelet from Bevilles, the paua shell bracelet my father gave my mother before I was born, and a Tiffany & Co Rubedo horseshoe charm I chose for my Big Four Oh My Gods.
Do you wear the same jewellery every day, or mix it up?
Shop My Style
- Black and White Spot Print Dress by Closet from Dorothy Perkins | GBP44 reduced to GBP22 plus an additional 25% off at the moment | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Emerald flats by Mox | $49.99 reduced to $39.99 | click here to purchase
- Never Too Many Bunnies Illustrated Scarf by Kirbee Lawler | $55 | click here to purchase
- KK Small Grip Handle Bag by Kardashian Kollection from The Iconic | $99.99 reduced to $69.99 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Affiliate commissions from Shop My Style during Frocktober will be donated to the OCRF. Perfect excuse to go shopping!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Black and white spot dress – purchased from Dorothy Perkins
- Never Too Many Bunnies illustrated scarf – purchased from Kirbee Lawler Art at Finders Keepers Markets
- Emerald flats – gifted by Mox
- Silk ruffle slip – designed by me
- Banana Republic teensy lady bag – thrifted from Goodwill La Jolla, San Diego
- Infinity bracelet – gifted by Bevilles
- Tiffany & Co and Mimco jewellery – birthday presents from the Welshman (isn’t he a good boy)
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba, Belinda, Norlin, Nora, Rachel, Lisa
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.