Frocktober Days 26 and 27 aka Retro Cute Weekend and it was a relaxing weekend with the Blokefolk. We went 10 pin bowling on Saturday, made homemade pizza for lunch, had a Mama Boyo trip to Rozelle Markets and the Welshman made the most delicious lasagne ever. We will be eating lasagne for days! Handy really, as the Welshman is off for a
jolly work conference on the Gold Coast for the week. Perfect excuse for an easy like a Sunday morning family cafe breakfast, don’t you think?
Boyo and I treated ourselves to some Ben & Jerry’s and watched Planes – I love a Mama Boyo date! Delicious dinner of leftover lasagne and another movie, snuggled up in bed together. I’m a lucky lady.
Click here to read all about Frocktober, the OCRF and Team Kimba Likes. Affiliate commisions from Frocktober posts will be donated to the OCRF. Ever needed a better reason to shop?
Saturday Frocktober Day 26
Keeping it retro cute today with a fit and flare check printed taffeta Portmans dress, worn over a Metalicus slip and navy Leona Edmiston Pins footless tights. Mox flats in Blueberry are keeping me comfortable and some cute Anthropologie pins are taming my mad bedhead curls. Loving my Coach clutch – two of my favourite colours plus tassels! What’s not to love?
Carrying a smaller handbag is working in terms of not putting any strain on my sprained neck and back – but you know all that extra stuff you carry in your big bag that you never ever use? As soon as it isn’t there, you immediately need it, right? Tell me that’s not just me.
Shop My Style Frocktober Day 26
- Black V Neck Lace Dress by Mela Loves London from Dorothy Perkins | GBP28 plus an additional 25% off at the moment | clickhere to purchase | free international postage for orders GBP50 and over | affiliate link
- Blueberry flats by Mox | $49.99 reduced to $39.99 | click here to purchase
- Moda Cropped Layering Cardigan by Target | $29 reduced to $20.30 | click here to purchase
- Hot Options Crop Footless Tights in Dazzling Blue by Target | reduced to $3 | click here to purchase
- Basic Adjustable Slip by Metalicus | $49.95 reduced to $29 for Poppy and Rosebud colours | click here to purchase
- Large Flower Crystal Hair Pins by Colette Hayman | $4.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Sunday Frocktober Day 27
Still staying retro cute but heading a bit more 70s with an Antipodium denim shirt dress. I’m keeping it nice by layering an Aqua Bamboo Slip by Verily underneath. The tank style slip has a scoop neck, is breathable and comfortable but also provides enough coverage that it can be worn by itself. Once skirts are back on my wardrobe menu, I’m planning on wearing it with a full skirt. Another day, another pair of Mox. Cannot be beaten for comfort and non-slippability.
How much fun is this gorgeous Kate Spade belt? Not only yellow but floral too! The Usual Suspects sterling silver arm party on one arm, my Mimco Jalabee Timepeace on the other arm and a gorgeous necklace from my October Feminine Her Fashion Box delivery. A little bit of geek chic with some Ray-ban spectacles. Loved my Coach clutch so much yesterday that I’m carrying it again today.
Shop My Style Frocktober 27
- Embellished Collar Denim Shirt Dress from Dorothy Perkins | GBP35 plus an additional 25% off at the moment | click here to purchase | free international postage with purchases GBP50 and over | affiliate link
- Emerald flats by Mox | $49.99 reduced to $39.99 | click here to purchase
- Ray-ban Square Rimmed Glasses frames from OPSM | $199 | click here to purchase
- Bumble Bee Hair Slides by Colette Hayman | $3.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Aqua Bamboo Slip by Verily | $65 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
- Fun Clutch by 1&20 Blackbirds | $16.95 | click here to purchase | affiliate link
Team Kimba Likes
How you can help
Please click here to donate to Team Kimba Likes. Please email me at email@example.com if you’d like to be featured on Kimba Likes by donating a frock, or accessories, to be worn and styled by Kimba during Frocktober, as well as shared all over social media.
Affiliate commissions from Shop My Style during Frocktober will be donated to the OCRF. Perfect excuse to go shopping!
Kimba Likes Style Notes:
- Portmans taffeta dress – thrifted
- Cardigan – purchased from Country Road
- Metalicus slip – purchased from David Jones
- Hair clips – purchased from Anthropologie and Mimco
- Ray-bans – purchased from OPSM (I’m a blind old bat without them)
- Leona Edmiston Pins – purchased from Leona Edmiston Vintage Balmain
- Jalabee Timepeace – purchased from Mimco
- Clutch – purchased from Coach outlet, Premium Designer Outlets, Palm Springs
- Floral leather belt – purchased from Kate Spade outlet, Premium Designer Outlets, Palm Springs
- Aqua Bamboo Slip – purchased from Verily
- Antipodium dress – thrifted from Vinnies Rozelle
- Her Fashion Box necklace – from the October Feminine subscription
- Emerald flats – gifted by Mox
- Blueberry flats – purchased from Mox
- Tiffany & Co and Mimco jewellery – birthday presents from the Welshman (isn’t he a good boy)
Kimba Likes Image Credits:
- Kimba’s Frocktober images copyright Kim-Marie Williams
- Team Kimba Likes images from Gill, Kimba, Belinda, Norlin, Nora, Rachel, Lisa
Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy:
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Keeping it Real Policy
- Click here to read the Kimba Likes Affiliate Policy – I may earn commission if you choose to click on affiliate links. Thank you if you do choose to do so. During Frocktober, any affiliate commisions earned from Shop My Style links in Frocktober posts will be donated to Frocktober for the benefit of OCRF.
- Click here to read about Kimba Likes Shopping Links
- I was not remunerated in any way, shape or form for this post.
- You can trust Kimba Likes to keep it real. Just how I roll, baby.